The IPO: a transformation, not a transaction
A successful listing on one of the world's capital markets, while always the culmination of months or years of hard work, can provide benefits such as:
- Access to financing to complete a strategic acquisition
- Opportunities to expand your business into new markets
- An exit opportunity for your private equity or other investors
- Improved perceptions of your business and brand with customers, suppliers and employees
An IPO marks a turning point in the life of a company. Exceptional enterprises don't view an IPO as simply a financial transaction, but rather, recognize it as a complex transformation from private to public and start their IPO journey well-informed and well-prepared.
Q2 2016 US IPO Trends
For a full breakdown of the latest IPO activity around the world, read the latest EY Global IPO Trends Report.
Global IPO Trends Report
The latest report shows that 2Q16 saw a 120% rise in capital raised and a 29% increase by deal number, but a range of factors are creating a stop-start IPO market across the globe in 2016.
Insights on IPO trends and activity
- Value quest, EY’s 2016 valuation survey considers how investors find value amid the crowd of private companies.
- How governance can impact an IPO firm’s success
- EY’s guide to going public
- With the right board, the sky's no limit
- Internal controls: Are you ready?
- The JOBS Act: 2015 mid-year update
- To the Point: Policy issues for audit committee comment in the SEC’s S-K Concept Release on disclosure effectiveness
- To the Point: PCAOB reproposes significant changes to the auditor’s report