- About Our Global Tax Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- Human Capital
- Information Reporting and Withholding
- Legislative Services
- Personal Taxes
- State and Local Tax
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Controversy and Risk Management
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy
- Transaction Tax
- Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness
- Value Added Tax
State and Local Tax
State and local taxes can significantly impact a company’s cash flow, effective tax rate and risk profile. Our network of dedicated state and local tax professionals combines technical knowledge with industry understanding and access to technologically advanced tools and methodologies.
We identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for state and local taxes throughout the tax lifecycle, helping you to address your state and local tax responsibilities and achieve your business goals in the US and around the world.
Our US State and Local Tax group is effectively integrated with our Global Indirect Tax team to give you the perspective and support you need to manage your global tax burden effectively.
Our network of practitioners has in-depth knowledge of both direct and indirect state and local taxes and offers a broad array of services, including:
In spite of an era of tighter federal, state and municipal budgets, tax credits and business incentives are becoming increasingly more important. Discover why.
Vital payroll resources
- An Employer's Guide to the President's FY 2015 budget
- Form W-4 employer considerations for 2014
- An employer’s guide to the House Ways & Means Committeee proposal for tax reform
- 10 FAQs for correcting the 2013 Form W-2
- EY’s 2013 payroll year-end checklist
- Employment tax year in review
- US Employment Tax Rates and Limits for 2014
- Same sex partner benefits in the wake of Windsor
- Employees: check your federal withholdings
- The ABCs of health FSA, HSA and HRAs
- Half-time review of 2013 payroll tax changes
- Senate eyes fringe benefits in tax reform plans
- What businesses can do about tax refund scams
Unemployment insurance news
How will unemployment insurance costs affect your employment tax bottom line in 2013? Here's a sneak preview of the facts and trends this year.
Learn about state efforts to increase the scope of sales and use tax compliance obligations.
Read a summary of the legislative, administrative and judicial updates that occurred during the first quarter of 2014.
State and Local Tax Leaders
Director - Indirect and SALT
Business Incentives and Credits
State Income Tax
State and Use Tax
Same-sex spousal benefits - Are you ready?
The Supreme Court's decision in Windsor means many changes to your company's benefits processes.
For a free work plan and check list click here.