- About Our Global Tax Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- Human Capital
- Information Reporting and Withholding
- Legislative Services
- Private Client Services
- State and Local Tax
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Controversy and Risk Management
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy
- Transaction Tax
- Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness
- Value Added Tax
State and Local Tax
State and local taxes can significantly impact a company’s cash flow, effective tax rate and risk profile. Our network of dedicated state and local tax professionals combines technical knowledge with industry understanding and access to technologically advanced tools and methodologies.
We identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for state and local taxes throughout the tax lifecycle, helping you to address your state and local tax responsibilities and achieve your business goals in the US and around the world.
Our US State and Local Tax group is effectively integrated with our Global Indirect Tax team to give you the perspective and support you need to manage your global tax burden effectively.
Our network of practitioners has in-depth knowledge of both direct and indirect state and local taxes and offers a broad array of services, including:
State and local business taxes in FY2013 continued their long recovery, despite challenges in several states. What is the outlook for FY2014? See our highlights.
Nearly 5,000 business announcements accounted for $145 billion of capital investment and 442,000 new jobs in the US in 2013. Find out what’s driving growth.
State tax quarterly newsletters
- Employee or independent contractor? State audits to increase
- Affordable care reporting: are you ready?
- Summer employment payroll and employment tax considerations
- An Employer's Guide to the President's FY 2015 budget
- Form W-4 employer considerations for 2014
- An employer’s guide to the House Ways & Means Committee proposal for tax reform
- 10 FAQs for correcting the 2013 Form W-2
- US Employment Tax Rates and Limits for 2014
- The ABCs of health FSA, HSA and HRAs
State and Local Tax Leaders
Director - Indirect and SALT
Business Incentives and Credits
State Income Tax
State and Use Tax
It is that time of year to consider all of the tasks necessary to successfully close 2014 and enter into 2015.
Unemployment Insurance Fact Finder™
How do you rank among other businesses in managing the cost of unemployment insurance? Take our benchmark survey and get the facts you need.