The Ernst & Young LLP 22nd Annual Health Sciences Tax Conference
Tax exempt sessions
Read our presentations with Slideshare
- This session will focus on issues surrounding tax exempt bonds and techniques for completing Schedule K, refunding issues, considerations surrounding deemed reissuance and more.
- The Form 990 continues to present challenges. Learn how to improve your compliance process in terms of information gathering, coordination and presentation.
- With reporting requirements for hospitals on Form 990 Schedule H evolving, we examine interactions with the Internal Revenue Service and congressional activity related to such topics.
- We will discuss various benefits that are available, negotiation and implementation and then evaluate recent developments in state and local taxation of tax-exempt organizations.
- This session will highlight the latest activity within the health care industry regarding the taxation of unrelated business income.
- This session will discuss the health system implications of the latest tangible property regulations, implementation of the medical device excise tax and ACT recommendations on Form 1023.
- Pension trusts exempt under Section 501(a) and employees' beneficiary association trusts exempt under Section 501(c)(9) are subject to a myriad of tax compliance requirements.
- Hospitals face a number of new disclosure and reporting requirements on Schedule H. Hear best practices and challenges, along with a practical discussion of implementation pitfalls.
- This session will explore recent developments in employment taxes and address issues such as withholding and reporting for telecommuting employees and employees working in more than one state.
- Becoming an accountable care organization (ACO) requires serious consideration of the impact it can have on a company’s operations. See which issues overlap in the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors.
- Understand the federal income tax status of existing and new Section 501(c)(3) and Section 501(c)(4) HMOs, and the structure of the ACA Section 9010 fee on health insurance providers.
- Tax-exempt organizations: how the government can help you
- Compliance with closing agreements and other IRS examination and compliance initiatives