Platis - Anastassiadis services
Our Greek-based Law practitioners work closely with the EY Assurance, Tax, Transactions and Advisory colleagues to provide integrated, commercially focused advice that addresses our client’s need and helps enable their businesses to thrive in different markets, with the aim of reducing legal and other risks.
Platis-Anastassiadis & Associates, in close cooperation with the EY EMEIA Law network, combines high-quality legal services with a focus on practical advice and industry-specific knowledge. This approach involves our lawyers working with other EY professionals to reach beyond geographical boundaries. Our aim is to provide high quality, practical and effective advice to our clients.
We offer legal services in areas of law that are relevant to entrepreneurs and their businesses. Our lawyers have a deep commitment to providing advice with a focus on high quality, speed of service and meeting clients’ needs.
Our policy of steady growth, in terms of both size and geography, enables us to provide a seamless crossborder service across our practice.
Our firm provides high quality, costeffective legal services across the full range commercial and financial transactions. Specifically, we provide services in the areas of:
We advise on all aspects of transactions, from the structuring of the deal, its negotiation and documentation, to financing requirements of the industry involved. Platis - Anastassiadis & Associates has developed a considerable expertise in crossborder acquisitions across the Balkan region.
Our Company & Commercial practice complements our work in Transaction Law, in particular, by carrying out due diligence reviews.
Transactions we advise on:
- local & cross-border
- control & participation
- private & listed stock
- transfer of stock & assets/business
- takeovers of listed companies
- leveraged buyouts
- local & cross border
- pre and post merger legal services
• Spin-offs & demergers
• Transformation & conversion of legal form
• Legal due diligence
• Ancillary agreements
• Fund formation & investments
• Syndicated loans, bond loans, subscription agreements
• Security agreements
We have the expertise to advice on all types of restructuring, insolvency, as well as special liquidation proceedings, in enterprises as well as credit institutions:
• Corporate Restructurings
• Rescheduling of debts and other forms of capital restructuring
• Restructuring by means of corporate finance transactions (buy-outs, M&A, equity investment), corporate restructurings avoiding formal insolvency proceedings
• Formal insolvency proceedings/Winding up proceedings
• Bankruptcy sales and purchases and relative public tenders
• Labor issues
Our qualified and experienced professionals provide a wide range of regulatory compliance services to companies as well as to the banking industry, such as:
• Financial & Capital Markets
• Insurance services
• Energy, Renewable Energy sources
• Oil & Gas
- issuance of relevant licenses for securing client’s compliance with regulatory standards
- supporting our clients before the competent authorities: addressing identified compliance issues, interacting with regulatory authorities, providing guidance and drafting necessary documentation
- responding to inquiries, investigations and other regulatory actions
- drafting, preparing and filing appeals in relation to authorities’ resolutions with regards to regulatory requirements
- extensive know-how in regulatory requirements and expectations in AML procedures and industry practices, as well as in offering recommendations for improvement
- drafting written policy documents consistent with management objectives and regulatory requirements.
Our specialized labour and employment team provides a full range support by advising clients from the first step of their incorporation and recruitment requirements to personnel restructuring programs, including negotiations with the affected employees and relevant unions.
Employment matters we take on:
• Corporate reorganizations
- collective redundancies
- transfer of undertaking
• Relationships with trade union & works councils
• Vendor or purchaser due diligence focusing on human resources matters
• Workplace audits for use by employers to identify risk and improvement in HR management
• Internal works regulations
• Day to day legal assistance regarding
- termination of employment
• Employment contracts for all levels of personnel
• Litigation & arbitration
• Data protection
Our law firm has been at the forefront of the PPP market since its inception, by participating in PPP tenders and providing legal services both to the public and private sectors involved.
Our firm provides high quality services covering the full spectrum of PPPs. Our knowledge and experience in such projects, the high quality of our work and our cooperation with EY have made us a recognized law firm in the PPP market.
PPP related projects:
• Public Sector
- preparation of the award procedure
- clarifications to the bidders
- participation in the negotiations
• Private Sector
- compilation of legal documentation required to bid
- draft and review of all the legal documentation to be included in the offer
- review and negotiation of the tender documentation
- legal support to contracts with subcontractors and members of the consortium
- tender queries and consultations with the awarding authority
- support in connection with complaints and appeals or legal actions related to the tender process
- finalization of the contractual documents (e.g. finance documents)
- supervision of the financing closing
- follow-up of pending issues
- legal support in matters arising from the execution of the contract
- consultations with the contracting authority
- draft and review of any contractual documents related to the partnership agreement