Entrepreneur Of The Year
Frequently asked questions
- When does the 2017 nomination process begin and how do I receive notification?
Our call for nominations usually begins in January and continues until 31st March. To ensure you are notified about the stages of the program, please sign up for the monthly Entrepreneur Of The Year Connections newsletter.
- Who can submit a nomination for consideration?
Anyone who is associated with a successful entrepreneur can nominate a candidate. Self-nominations are encouraged! After all, no one knows the dimensions of an entrepreneur's success better than the entrepreneur.
- Who is eligible?
- Do I have to be an EY client?
You do not need to be a client or have any relationship with EY as it pertains to services.
- Are application forms kept confidential?
Yes. The information on the application form will only be used by EY (in connection with the administration of the award), the sponsors, and the independent national and regional panels of judges
- Is there a cost associated with this program?
There is no cost to submit a nomination.
- How do I submit a nomination?
You can submit a nomination during the nomination open period. Once EY receives your form, one of our team will review it to determine your eligibility. If you are eligible for the competitive stage you will be asked to meet with an EY representative who will help you complete a nomination form for submission to the judges. Throughout the year you can recommend an entreprenuer for the next years program.
- What is the time commitment? Participating in Entrepreneur Of The Year does require a commitment of time and enthusiasm from all our nominees. While it is not insignificant, our alumni tell us they found participating in the program extremely rewarding and a worthwhile investment of their time.
Here is an overview of the events and activities you would be required to participate in.
- Interview and completion of the nomination form
- Regional finalist launch event
- Regional judging
- Regional awards dinner
National finalists and Social entrepreneurs progress to the National judging in October.
- National judges' reception
- National awards ceremony
- Who are the judges?
The regional and independent panels of judges include entrepreneurs and prominent business leaders.
- How are regional winners selected?
All nominees and finalists are assessed by independent judging panels, using six global Entrepreneur Of The Year criteria which are weighted as follows:
- Entrepreneurial spirit – 25%
- Financial performance – 25%
- Innovation – 14%
- National and global impact – 14%
- Personal integrity/influence – 11%
- Strategic direction – 11%
Each independent panel of judges is allowed complete discretion in determining the winners.
- When are the Entrepreneur Of The Year National finalists and winners announced?
National finalists and winners are announced at regional award galas in July and August. Award recipients are also recognised on stage at these events.
- Central Region
- Eastern Region
- Northern Region
- Southern Region
- Western Region
- When are the Entrepreneur Of The Year National winners announced?
National winners are announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year National awards ceremony, which will be held in November 2017 in Melbourne.
- What is the World Entrepreneur Of The Year award?
Each year country winners from around the world gather in Monte Carlo, Monaco, to be inducted into the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Academy and to vie for the title of World Entrepreneur Of The Year. Entrepreneur Of The Year is the only global business recognition program held on six continents in more than 60 countries and more than 145 cities around the world. Find out more and request an invitation on our global program page.
- How can I stay up to date with events and activities throughout the year?
Sign up for the Entrepreneur Of The Year Connections monthly newsletter.