Lynn Kraus, Managing Partner Oceania Markets and Managing Partner Sydney at EY, was celebrated alongside her peers as a woman of influence at the Australian Financial Review and Westpac 100 Women of Influence Awards gala dinner on Thursday 27th October in Sydney. Lynn was recognised in the Diversity category for her contribution to EY and more broadly in the business community.
Lynn has been responsible for setting the D&I agenda at EY and is a member of EY’s Gender Working Group. As a leader of EY’s Unity (LGBTI) Network and the Network of Winning Women, Lynn has had responsibility for driving greater inclusion in the workplace. In a firm-wide survey, our LGBTI employees agreed that they had seen actions taken to make positive changes in their work experiences, up 24 percent from the previous survey.
At the recent Australian Equality awards (AWEI) recognising LGBTI workplace inclusion, EY placed third. This was in large part thanks to Lynn’s leadership and sponsorship of LGBTI issues within EY.
More recently, Lynn has advocated for marriage equality – including EY becoming an official supporter of the marriage equality movement in Australia. Lynn is also working with other organisations to continue to explore ways to advocate for change.
Lynn actively supports EY’s involvement in the Sydney Mardi Gras, in 2016 joining with ReachOut.com to promote their important awareness campaign on mental health among LGBTI youth.
Lynn’s outstanding achievements promoting diversity include:
- Championing EY’s Entrepreneurial Winning Women program
- Head over Heels Advisory Board member
- Investor in Scale Investors which supports women to become investors in female led start-ups and businesses
- Sponsor of Springboard, which helps women-led businesses to become investor ready
- 2014 winner of the NAB/Women’s Agenda National Award for Mentor of the Year
- CEDA’s Women in Leadership event series regular speaker
- EY’s sponsorship of the Sydney Convicts, Australia’s first gay Rugby Union Club.
Lynn’s tireless efforts to support diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace continue to create lasting change and a more positive environment for all EY people.