What would my day be like in International Tax Services?
Our International Tax professionals help clients assess their international tax strategies and exposures and address a range of international tax issues. These could include planning an expansion into new strategic or regional markets, while working with colleagues to achieve accurate reporting in each of their existing locations and to manage effective relationships with the tax authorities.
As a member of this team, you might:
- Research relevant international tax treaties, legislation, regulations or other guidance
- Prepare first drafts of memoranda or emails to clients outlining issues relating to their international tax strategies
- Help design proposed tax structures for a global client
- Contact colleagues in other offices around the world to compile and exchange relevant information
- Analyse existing cross-border financing structures
What would my day be like in Transfer Pricing?
Our Transfer Pricing professionals assist clients in pricing cross border transactions and ensuring that the global profits of a multinational business are allocated appropriately across different jurisdictions. Transfer pricing is a key issue for tax authorities globally, with an ever increasing focus on ensuring that businesses pay the appropriate amount of tax in each country where they operate. Our clients require our support in ensuring compliance with local and global requirements in a demanding and challengingly regulatory environment.
As a member of this team, you might:
- Work with clients to develop effective global transfer pricing policies for cross border transactions within a multinational group
- Perform financial and economic analyses to validate or adjust a client's international pricing mechanisms
- Advise clients regarding the impact of operational change on the pricing of their international related party transactions
- Advise clients on the structure and pricing of intra-group financing arrangements
- Prepare transfer pricing documentation that complies with local or global regulations
- Assist clients in managing tax authority reviews or audits of transfer pricing policies
- Advise clients on the implications of new transfer pricing legislation and policies
What skills would I acquire in International Tax in my first few years?
You'll acquire knowledge of:
- Supranational laws and tax treaties
- Tax-efficient structuring and financing strategies across borders
- Anti-avoidance regimes
- Pricing and supply chain strategies
- Business and market profiles in your chosen industry
You'll also acquire general skills in:
- Research and analysis techniques using dedicated tools and technology
- Creative thinking to apply your knowledge to individual client situations
- Communication and teaming with colleagues from around the world
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key client personnel
- Managing a project from start to finish, following appropriate protocols and procedures
What opportunities would International Tax Services open up?
- Use your industry knowledge to become the leading international tax advisor for a group of clients
- Share your knowledge in tax journals and magazines, and speak at internal and external conferences
- Take a secondment through our international tax desk program to provide client services in another one of our locations
- Lead a practice focusing on international tax, transfer pricing or tax-effective supply chain management, either nationally or internationally
People in Tax
Want to know more about what it’s like being part of our Tax team? Then meet some of our people or learn about daily life and where your career could lead: