Former US SEC Chair Mary Schapiro and Unilever CFO Graeme Pitkethly talk to us about reporting the effects of climate change.
Turning up the heat on climate-related reporting
Reporting: Issue 13 April 2017
Nonfinancial performance may influence investors
How can reporting catch up with an accelerating world?
Is the future of finance new technology or new people?
DNA of the CFO
Global Forensic Data Analytics Survey 2016
EY CFO agenda
Global Fraud Survey 2016
Meeting today’s auditing, financial and reporting challenges
The global business landscape is being reshaped by transformational events and trends. And that means the financial and reporting environment is also being reshaped, resulting in significant challenges for management, boards, audit committees and auditors.
We can help you understand and address today's most critical financial and reporting issues.
Fraud, bribery and corruption continue to expose companies to heightened financial, regulatory and reputational risk
Our first Asia-Pacific Fraud Survey echoes the findings in our most recent Europe, Middle East, India and Africa Fraud Survey and our Global Fraud Survey, that the challenging economic conditions in Asia-Pacific have increased the risk of unethical practices.
There exists a real need for companies and those charged with their governance and oversight, to revisit their focus on the risks of fraud, bribery and corruption. Given the current environment, more robust anti-fraud and anti-corruption efforts are an imperative.
- Corporate governance
Increasing transparency, improving control
Economic conditions generally improved during the past year, but uncertainties still remain. The world is demanding greater corporate transparency. Investors want access to more accurate and relevant information about companies, transactions, markets and risks. Regulators are moving to exert more control.
There’s much debate about how corporate governance should evolve. It’s a debate that’s being held against a background of legislative and regulatory change, the implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards and increased public scrutiny. We believe that global coordination is a necessity, not a luxury, in today’s interconnected and interdependent markets. Regulators and standard-setters need to continue to work together, to promote global consistency.
- Sustainability reporting
A growing trend toward disclosure of nonfinancial information
In the face of mounting pressure to be transparent, an increasing number of organisations are choosing to report on sustainability or corporate social responsibility (CSR). Sustainability reports help internal and external stakeholders understand how well the organisation adheres to the "triple bottom line" of environmental, social and economic performance.
Seven things you should know about sustainability reporting
1. 3,000+ companies issue sustainability reports. 2. Stakeholders increasingly expect companies to provide sustainability reports. 3. Sustainability reporting can bring operational improvements, strengthen compliance, and enhance corporate reputation. 4. Reports should contain key performance indicators (KPIs) relevant to the reporter's industry such as materiality, stakeholder inclusiveness, sustainability context, and completeness. 5. Sustainability reports are more closely monitored than ever before. 6. Sustainability reporting presents many challenges, including:
- Data consistency
- Striking a balance between positive and negative information
- Continually improving performance
- Keeping reports readable and concise
7. Sustainability reports can be a valuable communications tool. They can help with cutting costs, efficiency, achieving business imperatives and accountability.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts.
Financial reporting webcast
Join our EY panellists on 27 April 2017 as they discuss the practical consequences of the next wave of major accounting changes, to be implemented in the next couple of years – what it means for you and what lessons are being learnt leant? Register now.