Are you using effective strategies and tax-efficient structures to enhance your wealth?
Are you up-to-date on the latest law and tax regulations?
EY can assist you by putting tax-efficient structures in place as well as help you identify changes to law and tax regulations that may affect you and your business and plan and help implement necessary changes.
We can also advise you on estate transfer and inheritance tax, as well as how to manage your personal wealth in a tax-efficient manner.
Our international presence also enables us to provide advice on international tax and transfer pricing, as well as the tax and legal aspects of restructuring and corporate transactions.
How can EY help you?
- Assisting with income tax planning both in Australia and across multiple jurisdictions
- Preparing financial accounts and tax returns for you, your family and your retired entities
- Engaging with the relevant revenue authorities to negotiate, defend or justify your tax positions
- Developing tax effective structures for your valuable assets which incorporate your asset protection and estate planning requirements
- Developing and reviewing business succession plans, designing and implementing employee equity plans and assisting with business exits
- Estate planning and asset protection – developing tax effective strategies for the protection and transfer of wealth, both domestically and offshore, between generations
- Assisting with compensation and benefit planning, retirement and cash flow projections, self-managed superannuation fund strategies and administration and access to other EY service lines such as audit, transaction advisory and valuation.
Research and development (R&D) incentives and grants
Give every good idea the best chance of success
Does your start-up need cash to grow?
Are you working on an innovative idea?
You could be eligible for Research and Development (R&D) Incentives and Grants that provide significant cash benefits.
Do you know what R&D incentives and grants you might be eligible for?
The R&D incentives and grants provide significant cash benefits.
The R&D tax incentive is a targeted and generous entitlement program. Depending on the nature of your business, you could qualify for up to a 45% cash refund for ‘eligible R&D expenditure’.
You might also have access to a range of other government grants to support your innovation.
Contact us to discuss your situation and we will be able to determine your eligibility. EY can either work collaboratively with you or make the claim for you.
Our fee is often contingency based – you only pay a small portion of any benefit you receive.
Goods & Services Tax (GST)
GST Compliance and Reporting
Have you completed a monthly or quarterly BAS statement?
Efficient management of GST can improve cash flow. Our indirect tax team can help you:
- Identify GST issues as part of the BAS preparation process and bring these to your attention.
- Review and lodgement of Business Activity Statements (BAS) on a monthly or quarterly basis as tax agent.
- Review of accounting systems and tax coding to ensure systems are correctly calibrated for GST purposes.
- Assistance in registering for the deferred GST Scheme to defer payment of import GST on high value imports.
- Assistance with GST administration such as grouping, change of details and compliant documentation and records
Not sure how to set up your company? What are the company and tax registration details do you require?
Are you up-to-date with corporate reporting requirements and updated company regulations?
Setting up your business in the correct manner is essential to effectively run your business, but employing additional staff or managing these processes yourself can also be costly, especially during your start up and growth journey. As your business becomes more and more mature, the level of compliance reporting will change and the need to have a flexible solution in place is essential.
Outsourcing all corporate compliance reporting could often be the most reasonable and cost effective solution.
We take a holistic approach to the registration process and help you efficiently complete all appropriate registrations including:
- Registration of a legal entity in appropriate legal form
- Registration with the local tax authorities for all appropriate taxes including indirect tax, customs and corporate tax
- Registration with any commercial ministries
Once established, EY can provide ongoing corporate and tax compliance with additional back office support.
EY have supported organisations of all sizes with their outsourcing needs and can help you build robust processes, identify improvements, provide valuable insights, address unexpected challenges and ensure you are well positioned to navigate the ever-changing environment.
Please contact us if you would like any information about how we can help you.