Leveraging the power of digital technology to transform business operations can help deliver real, sustained value to the bottom line.
Why the time is right for digital oil companies
Global oil and gas tax guide 2016
Top 10 analyst themes from quarterly oil and gas earnings calls
Private equity investment in oil and gas
US oil and gas reserves study 2016
Enhancing talent in oil and gas
Are you ready for the futures
Capital raising sales to drive M&A in oil and gas
Driving operational performance in oil and gas
Oil & Gas
Fueling your future in a global economy
The oil and gas industry is currently undergoing a period of intense volatility. As an industry looking to grow during constant instability, oil and gas faces major geopolitical, technological and regulatory challenges. Addressing these issues with our clients creates significant opportunities for their transformation and growth globally.
We cover key issues in these areas:
- Competing and managing risk in oil and gas
While risk continues to dominate the energy landscape, competition is also becoming a dominate feature. We help oil and gas companies understand their business risks and develop plans to manage or capitalize on them.
Our professionals understand business operations and use their knowledge to support clients in defining and developing their strategies and risk mitigation techniques.
- US oil and gas reserves study 2016
- Oil and gas purpose-led transformation
- Talent’s role in the energy transformation
- Recruiting during a downturn
- Global Information Security Survey 2015: Oil and gas sector results
- Transforming for success in an era of abundance
- Managing bribery and corruption risks in the oil and gas industry
- The Norwegian oilfield services analysis 2015
- Review of the UK oilfield services industry, January 2016
- Seizing opportunities in shale gas
- Navigating joint ventures in oil and gas
- Oil price volatility: staying resilient
- Canadian energy survey: a new energy world
- Fueling the next generation
- Oil and gas cybersecurity: time for a seismic shift?
- Navigating geopolitics in oil and gas
- Competing in the global LNG market
- Authorized access: uncovering insider threats within oil and gas companies
- Navigating M&A and investment decisions
Players in the capital-intensive oil and gas industry began partnering more vigorously. The past two years have seen a significant ramp-up in oil companies’ planned investments in unconventional oil and gas plays, with a marked increase in joint ventures and acquisitions.
Need to make better and more informed decisions about how to strategically manage capital and implement transactions in a changing world? Let us help.
- Cost reduction and process optimization
Oil and gas companies have seen significant increases in drilling, service, production and operating costs over the past decade. More complex operations generally mean more costly operations.
The most common initiatives for companies were to optimize processes and embed controls. Typically, companies in the oil and gas sector seeking to contain costs will focus heavily on third-party spend, headcount, shared services, IT efficiencies and outsourcing.
- New and emerging market growth
The rise of emerging markets gives the oil and gas industry a new business perspective. Challenges and opportunities exist in a growing economy, evolving government regulations and increasing competition.
Whether you have a tight focus on the BRIC countries or want to see the full range of emerging market growth, we provide a global industry perspective.
- Oil and gas in emerging markets: finding a new way forward
- Creating shared value in Africa
- African oil and gas: driving sustainable growth
- EY's Africa: Oil & Gas capabilities
- Oilfield services in Asia: Emergence of a new business model
- Mexico: making the most of the energy reform
- Russia’s downstream sector: sights set on modernization
- Monitoring regulatory changes
The top driver of regulatory risks, as reported by oil and gas companies in our global multi-sector survey, is the sector-specific regulatory pressures. In many countries, regulatory and fiscal frameworks are uncertain.
Our accounting and tax compliance services are focused on helping large, multinational companies meet their financial reporting requirements in the many countries where they do business.
- Oil & Gas Alert - Final rules country-by-country reporting July 2016
- EPA’s Methane Rule for the oil and gas industry
- Alberta’s oil and gas sector - regulatory paradigm shift: challenges and opportunities
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Join us as we discuss the oil price outlook, implications of the OPEC meeting announcements and how the industry can remain resilient in this volatile environment.
Watch an on-demand webcast featuring Deborah Byers, Oil & Gas Leader for EY in the US, and others discussing the deal-making outlook for 2015.