The experience of working here: inclusiveness, development, engagement
Talk to anyone at EY and they’ll tell you it’s a rewarding place to work in so many ways.
Recruiting outstanding people is just the start. Inclusiveness at EY means making sure all our people’s voices are heard and valued. This not only helps attract and retain the best people, but also it helps get better answers for our clients and our organization.
Our approach to development involves offering the learning, experiences and coaching all our people need to enrich their careers and deliver the best results for clients, as well as offering additional programs for current and future leaders of our organization.
We want all our people to feel enthused by their work and their colleagues and to be comfortable in an organization that gives them the flexibility to achieve their professional and personal aspirations. We engage our people in many ways, from selecting the right people to lead major change, to taking an interest in our people as individuals, to being sure to say thank you for a job well done.
There is a wide range of opportunities for you to increase your sense of belonging at EY. Among our many communities, Corporate Responsibility provides the chance to give something back to the local and wider community, while our Alumni network provides you with networking opportunities among your peers.
Rewards and benefits
In exchange for meeting challenges and bringing your best to every project that comes your way, you deserve to be rewarded for your contribution to EY's success. Learn more about the rewards and benefits we offer.
Getting everybody involved
You’ll find that EY is a place where respect, integrity and teamwork define the way we work.
You’ll be encouraged to think in global terms, build strong relationships and embrace diversity in all its forms.
By valuing the differences in those you work alongside you’ll find that you improve your perspective, benefit from diversity of thought and, ultimately, provide better answers for your clients and communities.
Helping you go further
At EY, you’ll be given the experiences, training and coaching you need to achieve your potential.
You’ll be inspired to achieve your aims, both professionally and personally, while making a difference to our clients and in our communities.
We’ll work together to ensure your career takes you in a direction where you’ll be able to reach your goals.
Find out more about the learning, experiences and coaching that will frame your development.
Putting you at the heart of what we do
By being a part of EY you will have the satisfaction of feeling part of something big. You will feel like you are making a genuine difference to clients, communities and the world in general.
Our commitment to engaging you in what we do will add to your enthusiasm for your work, your colleagues and our organization. We also want you to feel confident that you have the support you need to achieve your professional and personal aspirations.
- From our Corporate Responsibility work to our Alumni network, we give you the chance to be more involved with local communities and your peers.
- We’ll listen to you and engage in open and authentic dialogue at all levels of our organization.
- We believe that people perform best in organizations to which they feel truly connected and empowered to make their own choices. EY has earned a reputation for having a culture that enables people to meet both their personal and professional goals. More than work/life balance, our efforts to create a supportive culture have grown to focus on workplace flexibility: helping our people navigate where, when, and how their work gets done.
- To support and motivate you to continue achieving your potential your performance will be rewarded and recognized.
We can make a difference — and we do
There is a wide range of opportunities for you to increase your sense of belonging at EY. Corporate Responsibility provides the chance to give something back to the local and wider community, while our Alumni network provides you with networking opportunities among your peers.
Corporate responsibility at EY
At EY, corporate responsibility (CR) is integral to our business strategy and our dedication to increasing transparency and accountability in the global marketplace. We’re firmly anchored in the communities where we live and work, and we recognize that we have a responsibility to help those communities grow and flourish. Learn more.
When you join EY, you do more than launch a career.
You may spend your entire career with us or you may seek new challenges elsewhere at some point. Regardless, we believe you’ll want to stay connected with your EY colleagues, as these relationships will prove invaluable throughout your career.
As an EY alumnus, you’ll be offered many opportunities to network with your peers. So whatever direction you choose to take your career, you’ll benefit from your time with us. And if you do leave to explore other opportunities, we hope you’ll become one of the many people who rejoin, bringing valuable experience and perspectives that enrich our organization.
In exchange for meeting challenges and bringing your best to every project that comes your way, you deserve to be rewarded for your contribution to EY's success.
As an EY employee, you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. At EY, your total rewards extend beyond competitive salaries and traditional benefits to include a range of policies, programs and benefits that help you to succeed in all aspects of your life. And through Total Rewards Connection, a firm-sponsored website, we provide easy 24/7 access to personalized information on compensation, benefits, time off policies, career development, work environment and other programs.
Base and variable pay
Base pay: Your base salary compensates you for the value you bring to the firm and for meeting our everyday high expectations. We offer base pay that is externally competitive, internally equitable and tied to performance.
Variable pay: Our variable pay program rewards and recognizes you for your contributions that go above and beyond our everyday high expectations.
- Annual performance bonuses selectively recognize individuals for extraordinary achievements sustained over the majority of the year.
- Recognition awards acknowledge exceptional short-term efforts or results by individuals or teams.
Health and dental
We provide a choice of high-quality health care coverage:
- Flexible Benefits plan for Health and Dental coverage
- Health Care Spending Account (HCSA)
- Contributions deducted from pay
In addition, we offer:
- A choice of three options for Supplementary Medical
- A choice of five options for Dental coverage for preventive care and restoration services
- Fitness Benefits – up to a maximum of $1000 per year for fitness memberships, qualifying activities and equipment.
Savings and retirement
- A Defined Contribution pension plan for staff and Executive Directors and Directors with multiple investment options, employee and firm paid (firm contribution levels based on years of service)
- Group RRSP allows payroll deductions
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) available to EY Partners, staff, and their spouses
Income Protection Plans
We provide a range of insurance benefits:
- Group life, and Optional group Life insurance plans
- Business Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Business travel accident insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability income
In addition, we offer:
- Group legal plan: For you to have access to local attorneys who provide a wide range of legal services.
- Bereavement benefit: The equivalent of one month's salary is paid out to the estate. This payment is in addition to any life insurance through the firm.
- Minimum of 15 days of vacation with additional weeks based on level and years of service.
- Statutory holidays, which include additional days off around Canada Day and Labor Day.
- Two or Three (dependant on province of employment) paid personal days annually.
- Unlimited paid time off for casual illness: We do not limit this paid time off to a fixed number of days each year. Instead, we work with individuals to permit a reasonable amount of paid time off for casual illness.
- Extended Vacation Program: This program enables eligible employees to purchase an additional five or ten days of vacation.
Support for working families
The following policies and programs are designed to help our people meet family needs while contributing in the workplace.
- Back-up child and adult care services: Low-cost back-up child and adult care for both anticipated and unexpected needs, either in centers or in-home.
- Family medical leave: Allows individuals with at least one year of service to take unpaid family medical leave for up to 16 weeks (four more than federally required).
- Maternity Leave: Offers one year of leave, with 100% top up for up to 17 weeks, dependent of years of service.
- Parental leave: Two weeks paid time off for the birth or adoption of a child.
- Adoption assistance: Pays adoption related financial assistance from $5,000 to $10,000 per adoption, with paid parental leave available for caregivers.
Additional life management
- Employee discounts: You can shop online for nationally recognized products, services and entertainment at reduced prices.
- EY Assist: The firm’s one-stop resource for solutions to work and home life issues offers confidential consultation and referrals for emotional and family issues, guidance for managing life’s transitions and research and referrals for convenience services and educational and scholarship information.
- Flexible work arrangements: These include telecommuting, reduced schedules, compressed work weeks, in addition to supporting and practicing day-to-day flexibility so that people have what they need to succeed in their careers and their personal lives.
Career and professional development
- Firmwide networks: For people with shared interests and lifestyles to build relationships and foster our inclusive culture.
- Membership in business, civic and professional organizations: Reimbursement is available for annual dues and fees for certain organizations.
- Mobility: We help people achieve their potential by providing diverse experiences that include moving between service lines, industry sectors, functions and assuming international assignments.
- Orientation: We provide a comprehensive introduction to EY, but it doesn’t stop there. Learn more about how we help develop our people.
- Professional certification reimbursement: With pre-approval from your Partner/Manager, upon successful completion of a college or university course, you may be eligible for reimbursement of 50% or 100% of the course fee and cost of textbooks up to maximum of $3500 per year.
- Service anniversary awards: We recognize and celebrate those who have a long-term relationship with us by providing them with a gift of their choice for certain milestone anniversaries.