Five years ago, green bonds were conceptual. Today, they’ve changed the investment landscape. EY Global Climate Change and Sustainability Services leaders discuss this dramatic transformation.
Video: The growth of green investing
Nonfinancial performance may influence investors
Ontario’s Climate Change Action Plan
Sustainability 2.0 – November 2015
Climate change adaptation: Is the UK approach adaptable to Canada?
Sustainability 2.0 – June 2015
Sustainability 2.0 – March 2014
Sustainability 2.0 – December 2014
Value of sustainability reporting
Climate Change and Sustainability Services
Climate change and sustainability continue to rise on the agendas of governments and organizations around the world with rapidly evolving drivers and expectations.
Your business faces regulatory requirements and the need to meet stakeholder expectations, and to respond to opportunities presented for revenue generation and cost reduction.
This means a fundamental and complex transformation for many organizations and the integration of sustainability into core business activities to manage risk, achieve short-term objectives and create long-term shareholder value. The industry and countries in which you and your stakeholders operate introduce additional complexity, challenges, responsibilities and opportunities.
Our multidisciplinary team of professionals can help you navigate your sustainability journey. We bring together qualifications in accounting, science, social science, engineering and business. Our team has the skills and deep industry experience to support the integration of environmental, social and governance aspects into your strategy, management systems, operations, tax planning, transactions and reporting.
Why do organizations hire EY?
EY has helped clients around the globe develop, implement, manage and assess the performance of corporate sustainability strategies. Some compelling reasons our clients engage with us are summarized as follows:
- EY’s 220,000 people around the globe come to work every day with one purpose: doing our part in building a better working world. There is no more direct way to achieve this than by helping our clients establish and achieve their sustainability goals.
- EY’s global reach stretches across 150 countries. We have over 850 climate change and sustainability professionals around the world.
- EY holds accreditation and certification under many different regulatory schemes around the world. In Canada, EY is accredited to the ISO 14065 – 3 Greenhouse gases -- Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms of recognition by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), as well as holding accreditation to provide verification of emissions in California under the California Air Resources Board Regulation for the Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- EY provides a multidisciplinary team approach to address our clients’ strategic sustainability needs. Employing numerous subject-matter resources to former government officials and auditors, EY can advise clients on an enterprise-wide basis.
- EY contributes to technical sustainability working groups aimed at standardizing definitions and approaches, such as the International Integrated Reporting Commission (IIRC), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), CPA Canada, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and others.
| Thibaut Millet |
514 879 2846
| Meghan Harris-Ngae |
Western Market Leader,
403 206 5030
| Susan McGeachie |
Central Market Leader,
416 943 3882
| Christine Rhodes |
British Columbia Market Leader,
604 891 8435
Contact a member of our team.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Considerations for Canadian energy companies and their boards for operating in a low-carbon economy.
Critical success factors for Canadian governments and public sector bodies to effectively implement climate change policies and successfully navigate the shift to a low-carbon economy.
Ontario’s economy is entering a new low-carbon era through a cap and trade program and climate change strategy and action plan.
Discover which three areas of tax policy can help CFOs and tax directors navigate through environmental and sustainability changes happening today.