- About Our Global Tax Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- Private Client Services
- People Advisory Services
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy and Controversy
- Transaction Tax
- VAT, GST and Other Sales Taxes
- Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness
The constant internationalization of economic activities and increasing trade volumes lead to greater focus on customs duties, compliance with export controls and import regulations as well as security issues. Security provisions and regulations for cross-border flows of goods are tightened and export provisions are extended.
Furthermore, provisions on excise duties as well as non-customs regulations in areas like intangible rights, the protection of health and environment or safety and security may impact cross-border transactions.
We advise our clients in the typical areas of customs and excise duties. We provide solutions and potential optimizations that enable you to ensure legal compliance as well as to make use of any potential capacities in the fields of customs law, export controls and excise duty law.
Furthermore, we provide our expertise in the operational effectiveness of your supply chain as well as integrated solutions for challenges in the areas of indirect taxes and transfer pricing.
Our global network of more than 300 Customs/Global Trade professionals in 140 countries enables us to provide individual customs advisory services. Despite our global organization, we serve our clients on a local level through local contacts.
We team our people according to the specific needs of our clients. That way, we are able to offer requested expertise and necessary experience to completely meet client’s needs.
- Assessment of your Swiss and international transactions from a customs perspective – if necessary together with our colleagues in our global EY Global Trade network
- Support with audits by the Swiss Federal Customs Administration (SFCA)
- Strategic analysis and planning of customs and import processes when supplying across borders
- Support with the application for Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) to ensure the security of your customs supply chain
- In-house courses for customs law and other Global Trade topics
- Trade compliance reviews for imports and exports to flag customs issues before an actual audit is conducted by the SFCA
- Support in managing duty costs and utilizing free trade agreements
- Support in discussions with the customs authorities, application of licenses and ruling requests
Read the latest global developments in our customs and international trade publication.
Dr. Lars Henschel
+41 (58) 286 63 12
- Making sense of a world in motion —a global trade perspective / The 2016 EY Global Trade Symposium report(3,6 MB)
- Expert Focus Artikel(145 KB)
- Indirect Tax Update(24 KB)
- Origin of goods and preferences - November 2016 Update(48 KB)
- EY Tradewatch 2016(4,5 MB)