- About Our Global Tax Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- Private Client Services
- People Advisory Services
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy and Controversy
- Transaction Tax
- VAT, GST and Other Sales Taxes
- Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness
Value Added Tax (VAT)
Indirect taxes in Switzerland and abroad have become more and more complex over the last few years and can be considered a challenge to taxable persons. Every transaction (domestic and cross border) has to be analysed from an indirect tax point of view and may have tax implications.
An incorrect qualification of a transaction for VAT purposes, the wrongful declaration of the transaction in a VAT return as well as incomplete documentation can bear considerable risks and corresponding financial impacts.
For taxpayers, it can be very difficult to see through the thicket of rules and regulations and determine the relevant VAT provisions and developments properly. To master this challenge, taxpayers will have to build up knowledge and insights that exceed mere tax know-how.
Every client is unique, expects and deserves customized solutions and recommendations for optimization. Thanks to our global network we are able to provide our clients with individual local or cross-border tax advice.
Despite our global organization we serve our clients on a local level through local contacts. We team our people according to the specific needs of our clients. That way, we are able to offer requested expertise and necessary experience to completely meet client’s needs.
- Assessment of your Swiss and international transactions from a VAT perspective – if necessary together with our colleagues in our global EY network
- Client-specific design of VAT transactions
- Support with all kinds of compliance liabilities incl. fiscal representation for tax purposes
- Support with the automation and validation of VAT processes
- Secondment of tax specialists to support your in-house tax team
- Support with tax audits by the Swiss Federal Tax Administration (SFTA)
- In-house courses about national Swiss VAT legislation as well as EU VAT legislation
- Performance of VAT reviews / health checks in order to flag VAT issues before an actual audit is conducted by the SFTA
- Support with national and international VAT registration procedures
- Support with local and foreign VAT refund procedures as well as other declaration obligations
We highlight the significant volume and breadth of indirect tax changes across the globe, allowing you to consider their impact, potential opportunities and obligations.
+41 58 286 62 14
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
VAT Apéro - May 2016
- 17 May 2016, Zurich
- 18 May 2016, Zug
- 19 May 2016, Geneva