Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services
Integrity delivers benefits
Companies that act with integrity in addressing fraud, bribery and corruption have an advantage with real business benefits. To that end, we help companies manage risk, investigate alleged misconduct and measure the financial implications of disputes.
When unusual financial activity is suspected, we can investigate, perform electronic evidence discovery, and review financial reports — all with the sensitivity and urgency required. And if necessary, we can provide expert witness testimony to explain our findings.
That’s why some of the world’s largest companies — and many of its best-known law firms — turn to EY.
Our areas of focus include:
- Fraud Investigations: Companies often face an increased risk of fraud and corruption which may threaten not only their financial results, but even their existence. Working closely with clients, we are able to analyze their issues in detail, i.e., determine what happened, the extent of the damage, what is at risk, who is involved, and what opportunities exist for recovery.
- Dispute Services: Working with clients or their counsel, we can develop financial analysis, expert opinions and other calculations that will complement a client’s litigation strategy.
- Anti-fraud services: Our approach to fraud prevention consists of the following main areas: setting company culture and proper communication, proactive and reactive measures. By suggesting and implementing appropriate measures, we help clients strengthen company culture and employee loyalty, increase fraud risk awareness and minimize the impact of fraudulent behavior on the operations and financial results of the company.
- Compliance: Our experts help clients to assess the compliance of their operations with the applicable laws and regulations and to identify potential risks. They help with managing these risks by designing and implementing compliance infrastructure, processes and controls to prevent and detect inappropriate practices.
- Forensic Technology and Discovery Services: Our forensic technology experts preserve hard drives, portable memory drives and other sources of digital evidence in order to identify and extract information which could be used as evidence in an investigation or dispute. They also perform forensic data analyses to identify unusual or suspicious transactions in accounting data.
- Forensic Due Diligence: Whether during the pre-acquisition or postacquisition stage, our professionals can provide clients with additional information in the area of potential non-compliance or unethical business practices used by the target in the past, which will help the investor to assess transactional risks and to make an informed decision.
- Forensic Support in Insolvency Proceedings: The services we provide to insolvency trustees, creditors or lawyers involved in these proceedings include a review of relevant accounting entries and the related documentation. Applying forensic technology (eDiscovery), we help identify, collect and assess potentially relevant electronic information so as to identify possible hidden business or other interests of those involved.
platform which enables its members, those who influence and oversee the standard of ethics and compliance, to exchange knowledge and practical experience and thereby significantly contribute to the successful implementation and continual improvement of ethics and compliance processes.