EY Tax webcast
Domestic tax quarterly webcast series: a focus on state tax matters
Many multistate and multinational corporations find it challenging to keep up with frequent changes in the state and local tax legislative and regulatory environments.
To help address this challenge, Ernst & Young LLP presents its Domestic tax quarterly webcast series: a focus on state tax matters. The state tax edition of this quarterly series provides you with information on major tax law changes in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on current state and local tax topics of interest.
On this webcast, Greg Matson, Executive Director, and Helen Hecht, General Counsel, of the Multistate Tax Commission (MTC), will join Ernst & Young LLP panelists to discuss the following topics:
- Current MTC uniformity projects, including its partnership information project and its Section 18 regulatory project, the adoption of the MTC’s Section 17 Model Market-Sourcing regulations; the latest on its new State Intercompany Transactions Advisory Service Committee and the focus on state transfer pricing. Other projects and developments as well as its National Nexus and Joint Audit programs will also be discussed.
- Tax policy matters, including an overview of the current state of the economy, 2017 legislative trends, the renewed focus by the states on enacting gross receipts taxes on business activities, an update on sales tax nexus expansion, and the impact of federal tax proposals on the states
- An update covering major judicial and administrative developments at the state level
This is an interactive webcast and we encourage all participants to ask questions.
- Greg Matson, Executive Director, MTC, Washington, DC
- Helen Hecht, General Counsel, MTC, Washington, DC
- Joe Huddleston, Indirect, State and Local Tax, Ernst & Young LLP, Washington, DC
- Rebecca Bertothy, Indirect, State and Local Tax, Ernst & Young LLP, Washington, DC
- Steve Wlodychak, Indirect, State and Local Tax, Ernst & Young LLP, Washington, DC