Think beyond your annual audit plan
What's the bottom line?
To create value, CAEs need to develop an internal audit-specific strategic plan that aligns to the organization's broader business priorities.
By developing a long-term internal audit strategy aligned to strategic business objectives and stakeholder needs, internal audit will be well-positioned to:
- Manage stakeholder perceptions
- Create a stronger internal audit brand within the organization
- Better coordinate across all risk functions
- Manage the function’s value to the organization, often through the creation of a value charter and scorecard
- Create a dynamic service delivery model that supports success
- Deliver high-impact stakeholder communications that demonstrate continued alignment to what the organization identifies as important
- Maximize its relevance and keep its seat at the table