International GAAP® 2017
The 2017 edition of International GAAP® is now available. It has been fully revised and updated by financial reporting professionals from the International Financial Reporting Group of EY.
International GAAP® 2017 is an essential IFRS reference tool. It provides worked examples and hundreds of illustrations detailing complex technical accounting issues to help resolve financial reporting problems.
The three volume retail edition of International GAAP® is available from www.wileyigaap.com.
What is new
International GAAP® 2017:
- Includes a new chapter on the latest leases standard IFRS 16 (Leases) — a joint standard issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) — which is likely to affect all entities in all industries, and will result in more assets and liabilities being recognized on the statement of financial position
- Explores the implementation issues arising as entities plan for the future adoption of IFRS 9 (Financial Instruments) and IFRS 15 (Revenue from Contracts with Customers), including those referred to the IFRS Transition Resource Group for Impairment of Financial Instruments and the Joint Transition Resource Group for Revenue Recognition
- Addresses amended standards and new interpretations issued since the preparation of the 2016 edition
- Explains the other initiatives that are currently being discussed by the IASB and by the IFRS Interpretations Committee, and the potential consequential changes to accounting requirements (e.g., insurance contracts, leases, financial reporting conceptual framework projects)
- IFRS, the standards set by the IASB, are complex. Understanding their implications and applying them appropriately is critical. That is why International GAAP® 2017 is an essential tool for anyone applying, auditing, interpreting, regulating, studying or teaching financial reporting under IFRS.