Back to Industry news
- Hathway Cable & Datacom has appointed Jagdish Kumar its MD and CEO. K Jayaraman, who was the previous incumbent, has moved to the position of the company’s Vice Chairman. Jayaraman resigned from his position of Vice Chairman following his appointment.1
- The Star India group has appointed former Hindustan Media Ventures Limited (HMVL) CEO Amit Chopra to steer the group's sports strategy, which includes media rights for BCCI. Chopra, whose designation has not yet been revealed, will report to Star India’s COO Sanjay Gupta..2
- Balaji Telefilms has appointed Sanjay Dwivedi as the company’s CFO. Dwivedi joins Balaji from Nimbus Communications, where he was the SVP, Finance and Accounts.3
- Sun TV Network has appointed Sun Direct’s CFO Sundaram Shanmugam as CEO of its Hyderabad IPL franchise Sun Risers.4
- Zee Learn Limited has appointed Umesh Pradhan as its CEO. Pradhan replaces Arun Kabra, who resigned on 5 December 2012.5
- Blaise Fernandes has resigned from his position of SVP and MD of Warner Bros India. He will be replaced by Denzil Dias, who is currently the company’s Deputy MD.6
- The MSLGroup, the Publicis Groupe’s flagship strategic communications and engagement arm, has appointed Jaideep Shergill as the CEO of MSLGroup India.7
- BBC Global News has appointed Preet Dhupar as its COO. Dhupar was earlier the Director Finance and Operations of BBC Global News and BBC Worldwide in India.8
- Savio Sequeira, the former MD of Bates India, has been appointed the CEO of Percept Sports & Entertainment. He replaces Joji George, who quit Percept Sports & Entertainment last year to join UBM India as its MD.9
- TBWA India has appointed Parixit Bhattacharya as its Group Chief Creative Officer. Bhattacharya joins TBWA India from JWT Singapore, where he was Creative Director.10
- Bijay Khemka has taken charge as President of the Film Federation of India (FFI) with effect from 1 January 2013. Khemka succeeds Vinod Lamba, who is now one of FFI’s eight VPs.11
- D Rajappa has resigned from his position of President of Rediffusion-Y&R. The agency has brought on board Sam Ahmed as its Vice Chairman and Chief Creative Officer.12
- LinkedIn has appointed Nishant K Rao ias ts Country Manager for India. Rao’s appointment at LinkedIn India follows the promotion of former Country Manager Hari V Krishnan to the position of Managing Director of the company’s Asia Pacific and Japan operations.13
1“Hathway Cable appointed RIL's Jagdish Kumar as CEO,” Indiantelevision, 21 December 2012 , via Factiva; “Jayaraman resigns from Hathway Cable & Datacom,” Indiantelevision, 17 January 2013, via Factiva.
2“Star India appoints Amit Chopra to steer its sports strategy,” Indiantelevision, 22 December 2012, via Factiva.
3“Sanjay Dwivedi quits Nimbus to join Balaji as CFO,” Indiantelevision, 31 January 2013, via Factiva.
4“Sun appointed Sundaram Shanmugam as CEO of its IPL franchise,” Indiantelevision, 21 December 2012, via Factiva.
5“Umesh Pradhan joins Zee Learn as CFO,” Indiantelevision, 2 January 2013, via Factiva.
6“Denzil Dias takes charge of Warner Bros India,” Indiantelevision, 29 January 2013, via Factiva.
7“Jaideep Shergill appointed as CEO of MSLGroup India,” Exchange4media, 1 February 2013, via Factiva.
8“BBC Global News creates new position in India, Preet Dhupar is made COO,” Indiantelevision, 6 February 2013, via Factiva.
9“Savio Sequeira joins Percept as CEO of sports & entertainment vertical,” Indiantelevision, 8 February 2013, via Factiva.
10“TBWA\India appoints new CCO, further strengthens digital capability,” Exchange4media, 12 February 2013, via Factiva.
11“Bijay Khemka is new President of Film Federation of India,” Indiantelevision, 4 January 2013, via Factiva.
12“Rediffusion's president D Rajappa quits,” afaqs!, 8 January 2013, via Factiva.
13“LinkedIn ropes in Nishant K Rao,” exchange4media, 9 January 2013, via Factiva.