EY at a glance
Global headquarters: London
Global Chairman and CEO: Mark Weinberger. Meet our leaders.
Number of people globally: 190,000 (as of 30 June 2014). Read about our commitment to our people.
Global revenues: US$25.8 billion (Financial Year '13, ending 30 June 2013). Read our Global review.
Geographic Areas: Americas; Europe, Middle East, India and Africa; Far East; Japan; Oceania.
Offices: 700+ in more than 150 countries. See our office locator.
Service lines: Assurance and Advisory Business Services, Tax, Transaction Advisory Services. Read more about our Services.
Founded: 1989 through the merger of Ernst & Whinney and Arthur Young & Co. Oldest component from 1849. Learn more about our history.
Brief facts about our practice in the CIS
- With the opening of our Moscow office in 1989, we were the first professional services firm to establish operations in the Commonwealth of Independent States. Over the past 25 years our practice has developed into the largest network in the CIS: a network of 21 offices in nine CIS countries, staffed by 4,800 specialists.
- We provide multidisciplinary and professional services to more than 5,000 clients.
- We audit 30% of CIS companies listed on the Forbes Global 2000 (2013).
- EY hserved as auditor for the first Russian IPO on NYSE in 1996.
- Since 1996, EY has acted as auditor on the largest IPO transactions, with a total of US$ 33 billion raised in these offerings or 42% of the capital raised from all CIS transactions during the last 18 years.
- EY is the leading auditor on the US and UK Stock Exchanges in terms of the volume of IPOs from CIS companies, providing audit services to half of London-listed and 42% of NYSE and Nasdaq-listed companies.
- Significantly, more than 90% of partners in our CIS practice and 90% of our Executive Board are from CIS countries.
- We are also a truly international team, as we have professionals from the UK, Canada, Germany, China, Israel, Japan, France, Australia, Switzerland, the US, the Netherlands and other countries working in our CIS offices.
- We are committed to serving not only our clients, but also the countries in which we operate. One of the examples is our involvement in the Foreign Investment Advisory Councils (FIAC) in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Foreign Investment Council in Kazakhstan.
- We have acted as a key advisor to the government, and have led forums, including the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum and the Sochi Investment Forum. We have supported initiatives across the CIS, including the Agency for Strategic Initiatives, the Moscow International Financial Center, the Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO, the Russian Direct Investment Fund and Open Government. In Kazakhstan, we work with the government and international development institutions on enhancing tax and customs administration and with the development of a green economy.
- Based in the CIS, our Foreign Desk Organization currently includes desks run by native speakers of English, German, French, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese and Hindi.
- We provide consistent worldwide services by assembling the right multi-disciplinary international teams to address the most complex issues, using a proven global methodology and deploying the latest high-quality tools and perspectives.
- We also support a number of charitable organizations which benefit disadvantaged children, disabled persons, art and music, young artists and musicians.