The IoT offers an array of opportunities at home, at work or at play. We explore the possibilities of interactions between human and machine.
The Internet of Things: unlocking possibilities
The Disrupters: The Music Factory
Media & Entertainment 14th Capital Confidence Barometer
US cost impact of an untrustworthy digital ad supply chain
Spotlight on Profitable Growth Volume VIII
Riding the new wave of digital growth
Spotlight on Profitable Growth Volume VII
Digital drives the agenda, data delivers insights
Sustaining digital leadership
Media & Entertainment
Doing business in a digital world
In an industry synonymous with creativity and innovation, the bar for business excellence is set high. You need to embrace new technology, develop new distribution models and satisfy the demands of a voracious and outspoken consumer.
At the same time it’s important to manage costs, exceed stakeholder expectations and comply with new regulations.
There’s always another challenge just around the corner.
EY’s Global Media & Entertainment Network can help. We bring together a worldwide team of 7,500 M&E professionals with deep technical experience in providing assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to the industry’s leaders.
Our network of professionals collaborate and share knowledge around the world, to provide consistent, high-quality service and leverage our leading market share position to provide you with actionable information, quickly and reliably.
Key issues that we help you manage in today’s media and entertainment environment include:
- Growing in emerging markets
With developed markets now mature, M&E companies are seeking new growth opportunities. Many are finding them in emerging markets such as BRIC countries or in the Next Eleven (N11).
Emerging markets account for a growing portion of the world’s economic output, and are expected to be the future growth engines of the global economy.
With a growing middle class and increased discretionary spending on media-related activities, global M&E companies spend a growing amount of executive time investigating emerging market opportunities.
However with the many opportunities, there are also substantial risks and challenges. These risks range from local competition to inadequate corporate governance, fraud, corruption and weak intellectual property protection.
Our global team is here to help you navigate these markets so that you can pursue the opportunities while minimizing the risk.
- Maintaining cost discipline
As business models evolve, M&E companies are rethinking how their organizations should be structured. Companies are not solely focused on how they do things, but what they do — activities that maintain their core products and brands.
Some companies are analyzing which in-house processes could be performed through outsourcing or other arrangements without impacting their core products and services.
We help our clients:
- Assess cost control initiatives to improve value for the company.
- Adopt and transition to outsourcing, co-sourcing and/or shared services.
- Perform scenario-based planning and forecasting to help improve cost efficiencies.
- Implementing new business models
The rapidly changing digital marketplace is placing new demands on systems and processes. Many M&E companies are taking a top-to-bottom look at the infrastructure that supports both new and old business models. Many are finding that their organizations, processes and tools are not up to the task of supporting the new digital business models.
We help our clients:
- Develop processes and organizational infrastructure with the necessary flexibility to keep pace with the speed of digital innovation.
- Reevaluate and improve systems, processes and policies across both traditional and digital platforms.
- Build IP management systems that encompass the entire life cycle associated with managing contracts, rights use and royalties.
- Deploy a rights management system that tracks which content can be used when, where and in what formats.
- Automate rights systems to increase speed to market and decrease risk of contract violations.
- Focus on digital supply management to ensure that media assets can be easily found and distributed across media platforms.
- Increase data capture to support new business models and drive decision-making.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Digital lockers and distribution: finding the keys
Are you prepared for digital lockers and accounting?Watch a 1 minute recap of our webcast to learn more.