Oil and gas capital projects are becoming more technically complex, capital-intensive and operationally demanding. Take a closer look in our ongoing series.
Capital projects in oil and gas
Global oil and gas transactions review 2016
Why the time is right for digital oil companies
Global oil and gas tax guide 2016
Top 10 analyst themes from quarterly oil and gas earnings calls
US oil and gas reserves study 2016
Enhancing talent in oil and gas
Are you ready for the futures
Joint ventures for oil and gas megaprojects
Oil & Gas
Fueling your future in a global economy
With rising global energy demand, the oil and gas industry has a wide range of challenges and opportunities across the upstream, midstream, downstream and oilfield services sectors. We help oil and gas companies navigate through the changing regulatory environment, manage risks and optimize performance.
To help seize new opportunities, our 9,200 oil and gas professionals provide guidance on key industry issues, such as:
- Competing and managing risk in oil and gas
While risk continues to dominate the energy landscape, competition is also becoming a dominate feature. We help oil and gas companies understand their business risks and develop plans to manage or capitalize on them.
Our professionals understand business operations and use their knowledge to support clients in defining and developing their strategies and risk mitigation techniques.
- Playing by the local rules: State-owned enterprise success in Canada's oil and gas industry
- US LNG exports driven by demand
- Business pulse: oil and gas
- The Norwegian oil field service analysis 2012
- Review of the UK oilfield services industry in 2012
- Global LNG: New pricing ahead?
- 2012 Global oil and gas reserves study
- Exploring the top 10 opportunities and risks in Canada's oil sands 2012–13
- The evolving world of supplier risk
- Oil and gas cyber security update
- Overcoming the challenges of implementing NOC globalization ambitions
- Eurozone in motion: Oil & gas sector-specific considerations
- Rising to new challenges in the face of global demand: liquefied natural gas in Canada
- Monitoring regulatory changes
The top driver of regulatory risks, as reported by oil and gas companies in our global multi-sector survey, is the sector-specific regulatory pressures. In many countries, regulatory and fiscal frameworks are uncertain.
Our accounting and tax compliance services are focused on helping large, multinational companies meet their financial reporting requirements in the many countries where they do business.
- Oil and gas alert: Dodd-Frank Act
- Risk and compliance for global oil and gas companies
- IFRS oil and gas insights
- FIRPTA investment guide
- Master limited partnership accounting and reporting guide
- Tax Insight: Australia's Petroleum Resource Rent Tax (PRRT)
- Shale gas report - Poland: tax and accounting issues
- Fiscal Year 2013 Budget of the US Government: impact on the oil and gas industry
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.