Recent Malaysia news releases issued by EY.
- Marissa Lee to represent Malaysia at EY YTPY 2017
Kuala Lumpur, 8 September 2017
Marissa Lee of Sunway TES to represent Malaysia at the EY Young Tax Professional of the Year 2017 international final.
- EY reports strong global revenue growth in 2017
Kuala Lumpur, 6 September 2017
In our seventh consecutive year of strong growth, combined revenues reached US$31.4b and allowed for significant investments in digital transformation, analytics and more.
- EY strengthens tax services with launch of Tax Technology and Transformation
Kuala Lumpur, 21 August 2017
EY announces the creation of Tax Technology and Transformation, a dedicated group of more than 1,000 tax technology and performance improvement professionals in member firms across the globe that help organizations to redefine their tax functions and drive transformation for the digital age.
- EY to become a SAP delivery and managed service center of excellence for clients across Asean and APAC
Kuala Lumpur, 7 August 2017
EY has acquired Brightree Solutions Sdn. Bhd. (Brightree) in Malaysia. Brightree is a regional SAP consulting, technology services and outsourcing company with SAP Platinum Partner recognition.
- EY Young Tax Professional of the Year 2017 Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, 21 July 2017
A solid platform for building business skills. National competition open until 4 August 2017.
- FinTech services poised for mainstream adoption on a global scale
Kuala Lumpur, 17 July 2017
Levels of financial technology (FinTech) adoption among consumers has surged globally over the past 18 months and is poised to be embraced by the mainstream, according to the latest EY FinTech Adoption Index.
- EY scaling the use of drones in the audit process
Kuala Lumpur, 14 June 2017
EY has launched a global proof of concept (POC) to expand the use of drones in inventory observations, as part of its digital audit capabilities.
- Murad Al-Katib of AGT Food and Ingredients Inc. from Canada named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2017
Kuala Lumpur, 11 June 2017
Murad Al-Katib, President and CEO of Saskatchewan-based AGT Food and Ingredients Inc., was this evening named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 at an awards ceremony held in Monaco’s Salle des Etoiles.
- Global executives are bullish on growth and plan to seize opportunities from geopolitical uncertainty over next 12 months
Kuala Lumpur, 7 June 2017
Global middle market organizations, companies with annual revenues of US$1m-US$3b, are showing no signs of slowing down in the face of geopolitical uncertainty. Over one-third (34%) of middle market companies plan to grow 6%-10% this year, far outpacing the latest World Bank global GDP growth forecasts of 2.7%, by more than 3%-7%.
- Goh Miah Kiat of Karex Berhad competing with world’s most leading entrepreneurs for top EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award
Kuala Lumpur, 5 June 2017
Goh Miah Kiat of Karex Berhad, winner of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2016 Malaysia award, will be in Monaco from 7 – 11 June for the 17th EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year (WEOY). Goh will be among the 59 country winners, representing 49 countries to compete for the world title and to cement their legacy in the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year Hall of Fame.
- Disruptive competition is the top strategic challenge for the telecommunications sector, EY survey reveals
Kuala Lumpur, 29 May 2017
More than one third (37%) of CTOs and CIOs interviewed by EY see disruptive competition as the single greatest strategic challenge facing the telecommunications sector, according to the report, Digital transformation for 2020 and beyond.
- IASB issues a new insurance contracts standard that will trigger a landmark shift in insurers’ financial reporting – EY comments
Kuala Lumpur, 24 May 2017
The International Accounting Standard Board (IASB) today issued a new insurance contracts standard, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) 17 Insurance Contracts.
- Six immediate steps to reduce impact of ransomware attacks
Kuala Lumpur, 16 May 2017
In light of recent cyber attacks focused on global organizations through ransomware, EY is urging organizations worldwide to take immediate action and engage effective response measures to mitigate the effect of these attacks and help protect themselves against future attacks.
- Non-financial performance must move up the corporate agenda say institutional investors
Kuala Lumpur, 15 May 2017
Against the backdrop of recent environmental and social scandals and a greater call for organizations to create long-term value, 82% of institutional investors say environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks have been ignored for too long by the business world.
- ASEAN attracts strong trade and investment interest
Kuala Lumpur, 4 May 2017
Robust economic and trade dynamics and infrastructure developments position region to be a sustainable growth nucleus in Asia and new focus of global investors .
- Nominations now open for the 16th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Malaysia awards
Kuala Lumpur, 19 April 2017
From now till 16 June 2017, members of the public are invited to nominate outstanding Malaysian entrepreneurs for the 16th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year (EOY) Malaysia awards.
- Southeast Asian corporates warming up to divestments
Kuala Lumpur, 17 April 2017
According to the EY Global Corporate Divestment Study 2017, Southeast Asian (SEA) corporates are warming up to divestments as close to a quarter (24%) of those surveyed plan to divest within the next two years, up from 15% in 2014.
- EY wins Auditor of the Year again!
Hong Kong, 3 April 2017
EY has been awarded ‘Auditor of the year’ in Asian Investor’s Annual Asset Management Awards 2017 in the 4th consecutive year.
- Balancing performance against growth - 60% of banks plan to invest in new technologies as market challenges persist
Kuala Lumpur, 29 March 2017
While only 11% of banking executives globally expect their financial performance to improve significantly over the next 12 months, 60% of banks see the need to invest in new customer-facing technologies to spur growth.
- In search of the next EY Young Tax Professional of the Year Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, 22 March 2017
EY is pleased to announce the launch of the fifth edition of its “EY Young Tax Professional of the Year (YTPY)” Malaysia competition.
- Considerable increase in private equity investment in 3Q16 across Southeast Asia with tech deals gaining momentum
Kuala Lumpur, 10 Januray 2017
The third quarter of 2016 saw a considerable increase in the amount of capital being invested across Southeast Asia (SEA) by private equity (PE) players. This, and more, According to the EY Private equity briefing: Southeast Asia (December 2016) report.