Frequently Asked Questions
EY Business Journalism Awards
Contact us if you have any questions or comments about the EY Business Journalism Awards.
Or see answers to the Frequently Asked Questions below.
- Who should enter? The EY Business Journalism Awards are open to all journalists working in New Zealand who contribute to print/online and broadcast media and write on business, economic and financial issues. Bloggers are also welcome to enter.
- When do entries close? The closing date for entries is 5.00pm, Friday 30 June 2017.
- Can I submit any article? Entries must have been published in New Zealand between 1 April 2016 to 31 May 2017.
- Can I enter multiple categories? You may enter in multiple categories but only one entry per category is permitted. This entry may comprise up to three separate pieces of work. If any of these pieces is part of a series, two parts of this series may be included.
- Can I enter the same piece in two categories? No, you cannot enter the same piece in more than one category.
- Do I need to include any other information? Each entry may include a typed cover letter of up to 300 words, outlining the background and/or context of your entry.
- What defines ‘Young Journalist’? Someone with less than three years’ experience in journalism.
- Do I need to include an original copy of the article? Print entries must be uploaded as a scanned PDF version as evidence the article has been published. If possible a word version should also be submitted for ease of reading.
- How can I submit my television or radio entry? Broadcasting journalists should email a link to their submissions along with their entry form.
- Will joint entries be considered? If an entry is on behalf of a team, the entrants must nominate the individual they wish to be considered for the award.
- Will my story be used for other purposes? By entering, entrants consent to EY using all or part of their story/stories, and their names, for promotional purposes.
- What are the key milestones for this award? - Entries close at 5.00pm, Friday 30 June.
- The finalists will be announced Friday 4 August.
- The awards lunch will take place on Thursday 31 August.