Investing in a Growing Economy
Measures to reinforce the Government’s Business Growth Agenda include:
- Innovative New Zealand $373 million investment to help diversify the economy and support more jobs and higher wages, including:
- $ 81.9 million for the Endeavour research fund.
- $ 74.6 million for Callaghan Innovation R & D Grants.
- $ 69.3 million for increased tertiary fee subsidies.
- $ 52.5 million for university research funds (PBRF).
- Trade Agenda 2030 $134 million to forge new and better trade opportunities to increase the standard of living of New Zealanders.
- Tourism $61 million towards a new $102 million tourism infrastructure fund for regional New Zealand. $86 million for DOC tourism infrastructure around New Zealand.
- Natural Resources $81 million for predator control programmes, protecting our fisheries and investment in new water storage.
- Film Industry $222 million over four years plus $18 million in 2016/17 for the International Screen Production Grant to make more international movies in New Zealand. $64 million brought forward for the domestic screen grant.
- Māori Development $93 million for developing Māori tourism, Māori housing and social initiatives, Whānau Ora extensions, and supporting and sustaining the use of te reo.