Expatriate tax compliance and advisory
EY is a major provider of tax return completion services. We use process-enabling software and a global network of offices close to the main centers of expatriate population to give efficient and cost-effective services, while not losing personal contact with you or your employees.
We also help you meet your reporting and payment obligations in the various jurisdictions in which you have liabilities. In addition to our compliance work, we help you with cross-border contract structuring and advise on tax and social security aspects of total compensation packages.
We can provide a full range of services to help you manage international assignees designed to help you reduce costs while improving service to them. We can help with pre-assignment planning, at post support (including individual tax return completion), repatriation assistance, and on-going support, in locations throughout the world.
We have created a comprehensive global service offering able to align with your needs using:
- Seven advisory centres across the world
- Process-enabling technology
- 240 international HR professionals
- Advisors in associated services such as social security, tax, immigration, performance and reward, policy and process design, expatriate pay delivery, and share schemes.
Supported by an integrated global network of specialists, we will provide support and advice on global immigration issues as well as obtain the relevant permits and other documentation. We can assist you in:
- Business immigration compliance: work permit and visa applications and extensions for business employment situations.
- Business immigration advisory: advisory work for companies new to business immigration, educational and support services for in-house departments, entrepreneurs, business persons, highly skilled migrants and nationality matters.
- Global immigration co-ordination: tailored outsourcing of business immigration utilising our global network of immigration specialists.
We can evaluate your international assignment program processes to document its current state, benchmark against industry standards, and recommend areas of improvement. We can compare your current vendor's costs and performance to industry leaders to help you reduce your costs and improve service to your employees.
Mobility advisory services
We use a range of tested tools and methodologies to help align your international assignment program with your business objectives. To enhance the deployment of expatriates to benefit all parties, we objectively test and validate:
- The practical needs and objectives of your business and your people
- How to contribute real value to the business
- Attracting and retaining a broader international talent resource
- Factors affecting international assignment program design
- The key influencers on program design (e.g., cost vs. acceptance, 'workability', risk)
- The latest compensation approaches for your population of international assignees
- Implementation approaches for updating mobility programs
Our team will work with you to develop an international assignee value proposition that is clearly articulated and achievable. We will work with you to develop a policy framework, help you to initiate processes to make it happen, and create an infrastructure to support the entire program.
To find out more about the services we offer in this area please contact us.
To find out more about the services we offer in this area please contact:
+61 2 8295 6490
Disclaimer Certain services described in the Human Capital section are unavailable to audit clients of EY. Additionally, legal services are only provided in parts of the world where permitted. Please contact one of our local office practice leaders for more information on the services available to your company.
Our survey reveals a significant divide between global mobility’s desire to be a strategic business partner versus reality. See which steps are essential for success.