Brief facts about our practice in the CIS
- With the opening of our Moscow office in 1989, we were the first professional services firm to establish operations in the Commonwealth of Independent States. Our practice has a large corporate network of 19 offices in eight CIS countries, staffed by 4,000 specialists.
- We provide multidisciplinary and specialized services to more than 2,000 clients.
- Since 1996, Ernst & Young has acted as auditor and reporting accountant on IPO transactions for 30 companies in Russia and the CIS, with a total of $27.9 billion raised in these offerings.
- Ernst & Young provides services to all CIS companies listed on US stock exchanges.
- Ernst & Young was appointed reporting accountant on 8 of the 14 FTSE 350 cross-border IPOs since 2000.
- Ernst & Young is the leader on the London Stock Exchange Main Market in terms of the number of IPOs from Russia and the CIS, providing audit services to 25% of London-listed companies.
- Our firm has a truly local professional team: more than 78% of partners in our CIS practice and 70% of our Executive Board are citizens of CIS countries.
- We are also a truly international team: professionals from Great Britain, Canada, Germany, Japan, France, Australia, Switzerland, the USA, the Netherlands and other countries work in our CIS offices.
- We are committed to serving not only our clients, but also the community in which we operate. This is underlined by our involvement in the Foreign Investment Advisory Councils (FIAC) in Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Belarus.