Recent global and Singapore news releases issued by EY.
- Customers' lack of trust and desire for innovation are eroding bank relevance
11 October 2016
Forty percent of 55,000 consumers surveyed worldwide report decreased dependence on their traditional bank and increased excitement about alternatives.
- Uncertainty puts IPOs on hold in 2016, but pipeline is strong for 2017
30 September 2016
Asia-Pacific was the stand-out performer in 3Q16, with a 138% surge in proceeds to US$24.2b and a 41% increase in deal volume (176) compared to the previous quarter.
- Fewer private equity deals in 1H16 as investors take a more selective approach to investments
28 September 2016
The overall value of private equity deals completed in Southeast Asia in 1H16 to US$1.56b, 17% lower than the same period in 2015, while the total number of deals was down 36% year-on-year.
- New report warns G20 leaders that digital disruption could hinder job-creating young entrepreneurs
16 September 2016
A new EY report warns that G20 leaders must better support young entrepreneurs through policies that ensure digital disruption enables rather than hinders their business development plans.
- Four leading entrepreneurs named winners of the Singapore EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2016 awards
6 September 2016
Professional services organization EY announced the four recipients of its 15th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year (EOY) 2016 awards.
- Lower for longer oil price outlook drives global change in tax structures
5 September 2016
A lower for longer oil price consensus is pushing more governments to rethink current tax structures and follow the example of those who have already made adjustments.
- EY named joint winner of Innovation Award at Singapore Accountancy Awards 2016
25 August 2016
EY has been named joint winner of the Innovation Award in the open category at the Singapore Accountancy Awards 2016. Ernst & Young LLP Assurance Manager, Belinda Teo, clinches Young Accountant in Practice Award.
- Collaboration and technology key to more sustainable supply chains
22 August 2016
Leading companies are creating more sustainable supply chains that deliver significant business benefits by increasing collaboration with suppliers and making better use of new technology.
- As businesses go digital, companies seek to acquire innovation
5 August 2016
As the world goes digital, developing innovation in-house is no longer enough, according to a new study from EY.
- Slow start to 2016 for private equity in Southeast Asia amid economic uncertainties
21 July 2016
Private equity firms in Southeast Asia are taking their time to close deals, given the overall volatility in the region over the last few months.
- EY appoints two Singapore-based leaders for its transaction advisory services business
19 July 2016
Harsha Basnayake and Vikram Chakravarty appointed Transaction Advisory Services Leader for Asia-Pacific, and Asean, respectively.
- Singapore CFOs see urgent and long-term need to develop strategic thinking skills
15 July 2016
Strategic thinking skills is the single top that CFOs urgently need now and in five years' time, according to a new report, which surveyed 88 Singapore-based CFOs on their challenges, roles and skill sets.
- Rise in global mobile financial services leads to greater cross-sector collaboration and growth opportunities
14 July 2016
Mobile financial services has immense potential to grow the reach of financial services and increase the convenience and ease of use for customers around the world, particularly in emerging markets.
- Global telecommunications executives capitalize on digital convergence via cross-sector alliances and M&A
12 July 2016
Customer behavior and digital disruption are driving dealmaking intentions in the global telecommunications sector, according to EY’s 14th biannual Telecommunications Global Capital Confidence Barometer (CCB).
- Global IPO market stages second quarter recovery but progress will be patchy
5 July 2016
A range of factors are creating a stop-start IPO market across the globe in 2016, with Asia-Pacific set for second half uptick, according to the quarterly EY Global IPO Trends: 2016 2Q.
- 43% of private equity investors plan to deploy capital into oil and gas by first half of 2017
1 July 2016
With US$971.4b of private equity dry powder from June 2016 still to be deployed, the EY survey revealed that private equity firms are now preparing to increase investment into the global oil and gas sector.
- Southeast Asian corporates focused on resilience in low-growth environment
28 June 2016
The latest issue of the Southeast Asia edition of the EY Global Capital Confidence Barometer finds that deal intentions remain robust as corporates in the region seek growth.
- Manny Stul of Moose Enterprise from Australia named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2016
12 June 2016
Manny Stul, Chairman and Co-CEO of Melbourne-based toy company Moose Enterprise, was this evening named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2016 at an awards ceremony held in Monaco’s Salle des Etoiles.
- Quicker pace of change and alignment of tax laws and policies to benefit ASEAN
9 June 2016
Close to 100 participants convened at the inaugural EY Asean Tax Forum 2016: The future of tax for dialogue on regional tax developments.
- Entrepreneurs’ hiring plans increase as their confidence in the global economy holds steady
6 June 2016
According to the EY Global Job Creation Survey 2016, entrepreneurs are more than twice as likely to be hiring new staff this year as large corporates.
- Asia-Pacific wealth managers need to employ client-centric strategies to capture share of US$200b global revenue opportunity
30 May 2016
Wealth managers in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region will need to employ client-centric strategies, navigate diverse practices and balance disparate regulatory and tax policies in order to capture a share of the US$200b global revenue opportunity, according to EY’s 2016 global wealth management report.
- High-potential women entrepreneurs in Asia-Pacific have appetite for international expansion new survey finds
9 May 2016
A new survey of Asia-Pacific women entrepreneurs has found that confidence and bold growth plans are trademarks of the region’s female business owners, especially among those in ASEAN, despite facing some behavioral barriers to successfully scaling their operations.
- Financial services executives expect only slight increases in female leadership levels in next five years
6 May 2016
Only 27% of banks and 6% of insurers predict a significant increase in female leaders in next five years, according to Placing gender on the financial services agenda, EY’s global survey of gender diversity at banks and insurers.
- 'Progress paradox' found as 69% of industry leaders believe gender parity is in reach despite little headway
3 May 2016
Industry leaders believe they will achieve gender parity on boards within the next 25 years despite little progress being made.
- Lao contemporary artist Sivilay Souvannasing presents abstract landscapes at EY Asean Art Outreach program
7 April 2016
EY opens Currents – A moving landscape by Lao contemporary artist Sivilay Souvannasing at the EY Gallery today. This 21st exhibition of the EY Asean Art Outreach program runs from now to 19 August 2016.
- Industry distress to fuel oil and gas transaction activity as crude price dives
29 March 2016
More oil and gas companies are expected to succumb to stress in the sector, which will drive transactions in 2016, after global deal volume and value fell short of expectations in 2015, dropping by 33% and 17% respectively year-on-year.
- EY’s reactions for Singapore Budget 2016
24 March 2016
EY offers its reactions to the announcements at this year's budget.
- Global IPO volume down in first quarter as issuers wait for market conditions to improve
22 March 2016
Global IPO activity slowed significantly in Q1 2016 with a total of 167 deals raising just US$12.1b according to the quarterly EY Global IPO Trends: 2016 1Q. Asia-Pacific remains world’s busiest region.
- EY opens four new Centers of Excellence in Singapore
15 March 2016
Professional services organization EY today launched four Centers of Excellence to provide innovative services in digital business transformation strategy, cyber security, analytics and manufacturing to companies in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Sixteen women selected to participate in 2016 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ Asia-Pacific program
9 March 2016
The Entrepreneurial Winning Women Asia-Pacific Class of 2016 includes women from Australia, China, Indonesia, Malaysia and South Korea, and for the first time, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
- CFOs concerned about effectiveness of corporate reporting
7 March 2016
CFOs are losing confidence in corporate reporting and its effectiveness, as pressure from audit committees, the complexity of implementing new reporting requirements and reporting overload affect performance, according to a new EY survey.
- World’s largest economies are lagging behind in developing female leaders
3 March 2016
As the ‘Pledge For Parity’ sponsor for International Women’s Day (IWD) 2016, EY reaffirms its commitment to accelerating women’s advancement and calls for individuals and companies to move from talk to purposeful action in achieving gender parity.
- EY opens nominations for its 15th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2016TM awards in Singapore
18 February 2016
Theme spotlights importance of innovation and excellence to building future-ready businesses and economy.
- EY’s wish list for Singapore Budget 2016
10 February 2016
EY today released its wish list for Singapore Budget 2016.
- EY launches Cyber Security Center of Excellence for government and public sector
3 February 2016
Professional services organization EY today launched a new Center of Excellence – the EY Asean Cyber Security Center for Government and Public Sector.
- Significant increase in risk from cyber breaches and insider threats among top drivers of investment in forensic data analytics (FDA) locally
28 January 2016
Global Forensic Data Analytics 2016 Survey: FDA most applied at managing bribery and corruption risk, internal fraud, and cyber breach or insider threat.