Operational Transaction Services (OTS)
We help corporate and fund management clients see how their businesses could succeed in the future and then work with them to make it a reality. The work is fast-paced and high profile and often operates within demanding deadlines. Flexibility is required as your role at EY may take you to many places across the UK and further afield.
There will be a wide range of opportunities to develop your skills and experience in EY - how far you go is up to you.
What do OTS do?
- Operational Transaction Services (OTS) works with some of the world's most complex and high profile international engagements, from mergers and acquisitions to restructuring and joint ventures, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors.
- We are the largest combined Operations and IT team in Europe, with a market leading proposition, focussed on Due Diligence, Divestment, Integration, Performance Improvement and Restructuring.
- You will be working and training alongside experienced industry and consulting professionals, where you will learn and develop the skills you need to assist with effective integration and separation strategies, identify synergies and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people.
What will I be doing?
- In the OTS team, you will be helping our clients buy, sell and merge with other organisations as well as assessing broader strategic growth options, identifying and creating operational value from their acquisitions and divestments.
- You will develop the skills you need to assist corporate and Private Equity clients with effective operational and IT due diligence, integration and separation planning and execution, and operational and IT restructuring.
- In doing so you will have the opportunity to work both pre-deal, in preparing for transactions and post-deal, in optimising the benefits of them.
- Please note that our opportunities are based in London and candidates can apply to our Operations programme.
- Our projects are typically complex and interesting assignments that frequently involve collaborating with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisors.
- Many of our projects involve international travel, and the integration of our EMEIA practice has made working abroad a genuinely accessible option for those who wish to develop their career internationally.
What do we look for?
- We are looking for enthusiastic, driven and motivated candidates, who work well in a growing and ambitious team, and feel comfortable working in a challenging and confidential environment.
- You are proactive and confident, with the ability to work closely with senior colleagues and clients, and adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- You have effective written and verbal skills as well as strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal abilities.
- You may ideally (but not essentially) have a background in Finance or Engineering.
What training and development will I be offered?
- Our Corporate Finance programme offers opportunities to identify your personal strengths and interests whilst providing you a wide range of experiences.
- As you gain experience, you gain responsibilities and make a real difference to our clients. In your chosen specialism, you'll begin to lead teams and coach less experienced staff.
- While you are on our world-class training programme, you will work towards membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS). You will also build and broaden further your OTS knowledge from internal courses on EY/OTS methodology and client assignments. You should note that your ICAS exams are front-loaded to speed up your career progress, so you can expect to be out at college almost immediately on joining and throughout your first year at EY.
- We encourage and support you to realise your potential at the earliest opportunity in your career and progress towards senior roles and become industry experts.
What are the entry requirements?
You are eligible to apply for this programme if you are studying for an honours degree or have graduated with an honours degree.