IPO Eye – Q4 2013
UK IPO market has most successful year since the financial crisis
Q4 capped off the London IPO market’s most active year since the start of the global financial crisis, with 30 floats raising a total of £4.7bn – the strongest finish to a year since 2007.
The quarter saw seven IPOs originating on the main market, raising £3.1bn, including Royal Mail’s high-profile listing which raised £1.7bn.
For the whole of 2013, there were 14 main market listings which raised £5.2bn –a significant increase in activity compared to 2012’s 4 IPOs and 2011’s 7.
- Global markets this quarter had the strongest finish to a year since 2010, with 294 deals raising US$66.9bn.
- The US produced 67 deals this quarter raising US$24.1bn – double Q4 2012’s deals.
- Central and South America produced 6 deals capping off a solid year which increased on 2012’s overall deal activity by 20%.
- In Asia we saw 125 deals, significantly up from Q4 2012’s total of 90.
- Europe continued its resurgence in Q4, with 58 deals – up from Q4 2012’s 34 – capping off a strong year which saw total funds raised of US$30bn – more than double 2012’s total.