A diverse team with a broader perspective
Law at EY
An integrated multi-disciplinary approach
Our diverse legal team is a fully integrated part of our client teams, combining disciplines to deliver holistic, business focused advice.
Our team works seamlessly with their Assurance, Tax, Transactions and Advisory colleagues to provide comprehensive, business services to clients. We approach projects collaboratively, listening first to gain a deep understanding of project objectives, and focus on integrated advice and delivery, whether from a legal, tax or accounting perspective – or the combination that best suits you.
As part of a global network of 2000 law professionals across 75 jurisdictions, we focus on providing practical, workable proposals, whether in one or many countries.
Our diverse team
We are a diverse team of lawyers working with the wider EY business, our clients and other stakeholders.
Public and private Merger and Acquisition (M&A), joint ventures and other transactions
- Domestic and cross-border corporate transaction advice including M&A and joint ventures
- Particular expertise in advising on listed company takeover offers, both recommended and hostile bids
- Due diligence and transaction structure review
Corporate, commercial, competition, IP/ IT and debt finance
- Setting up new companies/starting business operations in the UK
- Advice on contractual relationships with domestic and international customers, suppliers and distributors
- Antitrust (cartels, compliance, vertical restraints)
- Patents and know-how, trade marks, designs, copyright, database rights, trade secrets, unfair competition and transaction IP
Corporate re-organisations and project management
- Pre-transaction restructuring, including multi-national spin-offs and separation of business divisions or other assets
- Post-acquisition integration of acquired company groups
- Operational and fiscal re-organisations designed to create efficient group structures
- Vendor assistance
Digital and innovations
- Advice on all aspects of Digital Law, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Information Technology and Blockchain
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts, including those relating to FinTech, software development, mobile apps, agile development, digital content creation and licencing, e-commerce and m-commerce, online advertising, data protection and privacy, large scale IT services agreements and outsourcing projects, cloud computing/SAAS matters and consumer protection and distance selling
- Data monetisation strategies, including advice in relation to data ethics
- Advise on Intellectual Property protection.
- Data protection compliance on a cross-jurisdictional basis
- Data protection aspects of acquisition and disposals
- Due diligence of the employment component in any transaction for compliance with employment laws
- Development plans for post-transaction integration
- Employment litigation
- HR advisory.
Risk management and regulatory
- Legal risk – providing advice on how to map, mitigate and design appropriate systems and operating models for legal functions
- Regulatory legal advice covering Banking & Capital Markets, Wealth & Asset Management and Insurance
- Legal opinions, review contracts and other legal arrangements through the regulatory lens
- Managed legal services, dealing with volume ‘business as usual’ matters
- Volume legal contract remediation