Olmstead Williams Communications
+1 310 824 9000 x22
EY +1 213 977 3919
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
EY announces Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2017 Northern California Awards finalists
SAN FRANCISCO, May 15, 2017 – EY today announced finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2017 Awards in the Northern California program. As the world’s most prestigious business awards program for entrepreneurs, Entrepreneur Of The Year recognizes innovative trailblazers in more than 145 cities in 60 countries who are excelling in areas such as innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. The semifinalists listed below were selected from nearly 60 business leaders nominated by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be revealed at a black-tie awards gala on Friday, June 23, hosted by NBC Bay Area anchor, reporter and Press:Here host Scott McGrew at The Fairmont in San Jose, California.
The finalists are:
- 8x8 Inc. | Bryan Martin, Chairman and Chief Technology Officer and Vikram Verma, CEO | San Jose, California
- Ambarella | Fermi Wang, CEO | Santa Clara, California
- App Annie | Bertrand Schmitt, CEO & co-founder | San Francisco, California
- Big Switch Networks | Douglas Murray, Chief Executive Officer and Kyle Forster, Founder | Santa Clara, California
- Bill.com | René Lacerte, CEO and founder | Palo Alto, California
- C3 IoT | Thomas Siebel, CEO, Chairman, and Founder | Redwood City, California
- Center for Learning and Autism Support Services, Inc. (CLASS) | Denise Pollard, President / Chief Executive Officer | San Mateo, California
- CoverHound Inc. | Keith Moore, CEO & Executive Board Director | San Francisco, California
- CrowdStrike | George Kurtz, President and CEO | Sunnyvale, California
- Doximity | Jeff Tangney, CEO and Founder and Shari Buck, Chief Product Officer and Co-Founder | San Francisco, California
- Financial Technology Partners | Steven McLaughlin, Founder / CEO / Managing Partner | San Francisco, California
- Five9 | Mike Burkland, President & CEO | San Ramon, California
- hint Inc. | Kara Goldin, CEO | San Francisco, California
- HotelTonight | Sam Shank, CEO | San Francisco, California
- IronPlanet | Gregory Owens, Chairman and CEO | Pleasanton, California
- Kateeva, Inc. | Conor Madigan, Chief Operating Officer, President & Co-Founder | Newark, California
- Liftoff Mobile, Inc. | Mark Ellis, CEO | Palo Alto, California
- Nevro Corp. | Rami Elghandour, President and CEO | Redwood City, California
- Opendoor | Eric Wu, Founder and CEO | San Francisco, California
- Peek.com | Ruzwana Bashir, CEO | San Francisco, California
- SST, Inc./ShotSpotter | Ralph Clark, Chief Executive Officer | Newark, California
- Tanium | David Hindawi, Executive Chairman & co-founder and Orion Hindawi, Chief Executive Officer & co-founder | Emeryville, California
- Tradeshift, inc. | Christian Lanng, CEO, chairman, and co-founder | San Francisco, California
- TRX FITNESS ANYWHERE LLC | Randal Hetrick, CEO/Founder | San Francisco, California
To learn more about the Northern California program, please visit www.ey.com/us/eoy/norcal. Join the conversation on social media by following us @EY_EOYUS and using #EOYNORCAL.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration in the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, California, November 18, 2017. The awards are the culminating event of the Strategic Growth ForumTM, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The YearTM Award in Monaco in June 2018.
2017 Northern California judging panel
The independent judging panel includes previous award winners, leading CEOs and private capital investors, and other regional business luminaries. Thank you to our esteemed judges, including Tom Bedecarre***, Founder & Chairman, AKQA; Laura Brege, Managing Director, Cervantes Life Science Partners, LLC; Joseph Bronson, Principal and CEO, The Bronson Group, LLC; Doug Chu, Co-Head of Listings, NYSE; Lisa Earnhardt*, CEO & President, Intersect ENT; Nils Erdmann, Vice President, NASDAQ; Chris Harris, Partner, FFL Partners; Kash Kapadia, Founder and CEO, Digital Directive; Marcin Kleczynski*, CEO, Malwarebytes; Jim Marggraff, Director, Product Management, Google; Rory O'Driscoll, Partner, Scale Venture Partners; Kathleen Utecht, Managing Partner, Core Innovation Capital; Dave Welsh, Managing Director & Head of TMT Growth Equity , KKR;
* Prior regional winner
** Prior regional winner and national finalist
*** Prior regional winner and national winner
Founded and produced by EY, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the US by SAP America, Merrill Corporation and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. In Northern California area, regional Gold sponsors include SolomonEdwards; Silver sponsors include Chatham Financial and The Big Picture.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY’s Entrepreneur Of The Year® is one of the world’s most prestigious business awards programs for entrepreneurs, chosen from an independent panel of judges including entrepreneurs and prominent leaders from business, finance, and the local community. The program makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries. ey.com/eoy
About EY’s Growth Markets Network
EY’s worldwide Growth Markets Network is dedicated to serving the changing needs of high-growth companies. For more than 30 years, we’ve helped many of the world’s most dynamic and ambitious companies grow into market leaders. Whether working with international mid-cap companies or early stage, venture-backed businesses, our professionals draw upon their extensive experience, insight and global resources to help your business succeed. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/sgm or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a member of the global EY organization that provides services to clients in the US. For more information, please visit ey.com.