EY Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Pacific Northwest regional awards
It takes just one idea
to change the world.
Even the simplest ideas can spark change and progress in our businesses, our communities and the world. Be recognized for the passion that’s within you.
Highlights from the 2015 awards gala
Honoring world-class entrepreneurs since 1986
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Recognized globally, the award honors the most outstanding entrepreneurs who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
As the first truly global award program of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates entrepreneurs who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards in over 145 cities and 60 countries.
Participation in the Entrepreneur Of The Year program puts you in touch with other high-growth business builders. Because the program attracts thousands of founders and CEOs of high-growth companies, you will have a powerful opportunity to build relationships with an elite group. This program offers invaluable one-on-one interaction opportunities with an audience of top executives.
Entrepreneurs include both founders of companies and those who organize, manage, and assume the “educated” risks of a business or enterprise in the companies’ life or development and are active in the leadership of the company. Traditionally, the entrepreneur is the CEO/original founder of an organization.
Entrepreneurs can also be those CEOs who come on board to join an existing business and create institutional change. In doing so, these CEO/entrepreneurs assume a different kind of risk, but a risk nonetheless. In select cases, the CEO/President of a subsidiary may also qualify as an Entrepreneur. There are many situations, such as an acquired business, where the subsidiary or divisional CEO/President has a separate P&L and substantial vision and authority over strategy and execution of the grand plan for that business and, as a result, can be considered an Entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs can also be multi-generational (i.e. business passed from generation to generation). The new leadership should exhibit their own form of risk and also “make their mark” on the family business.
Whether the original founder or a non-founding CEO/entrepreneur, these individuals find creative, venturesome ways to acquire the capital resources, build their team and innovate to achieve their goals and to build and grow their business. They create value for themselves, their employees, their customers and their communities.
- Networking with top business leaders:
- Fellow nominees are leaders in their industries
- Sponsors, who work with companies such as yours and provide services, including legal, staffing, banking, insurance, wealth management, real estate and risk management
- Judges who are business luminaries in Greater Los Angeles
- Recognition in the media
- Marketing and public relations opportunities
- New business development opportunities
- Increased employee morale
- Enhanced professional profile
- Increased ability to attract top talent
As a finalist, you will also receive:
- A complimentary digital version of your video shown at the Gala
- A complimentary ticket to the Awards Gala
As an award recipient, you will also receive:
- A complimentary admission (a $3,500 value) to the EY Strategic Growth Forum, one of the top gatherings of business leaders in the country where America’s leading CEOs, entrepreneurs, advisors, investors and top government officials will attend
- Founder/CEO/President of a private or public company who is primarily responsible for the recent performance of the company
- Active member of top management for at least two years
- At least two years old for Emerging category candidates (companies two to five years old) and three years or more for all other categories
Previous EY Entrepreneur Of The Year regional finalists, semifinalists and nominees are encouraged to resubmit an application to the Greater Los Angeles program until they become a regional award recipient. Once they win regionally, Greater Los Angeles award recipients may reapply to the national program until they are a category award recipient or the overall US award recipient.
The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are judged by an independent panel composed of CEOs, venture capitalists, private equity partners and other influential business leaders in our community. Many of the judges have previously won this award and speak to the impact this award has had on their business.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Financial performance
- Strategic direction
- Community/global impact
- Personal integrity/influence