At EY, your Total Rewards package is more than just your pay; it also includes benefits, programs and policies that help meet the diverse needs of our people across generations, diverse abilities, personal preferences and different family size and compositions. Our Total Rewards package is one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work. We are the only one of the Big Four to be named to FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies to Work For®" for 18 years. We are also named on Working Mother’s "Top 10 companies" for a total of 19 years, including the most recent, 10 consecutive years.
Recognizing your contributions
Base pay: Your base salary compensates you for the value you bring to the firm and for meeting our everyday high expectations. We offer base pay that is externally competitive, internally equitable and tied to performance.
Variable pay: Our variable pay program rewards and recognizes you for your contributions that go above and beyond our everyday, high expectations.
- Recognition awards including thank-you e-cards, gift cards and cash awards, acknowledge exceptional short-term efforts or results.
- Annual performance bonuses provide eligible US personnel with the opportunity to earn a year-end bonus. Bonus amounts will vary based on firm performance, individual rank and individual performance.
- Professional certification bonus and reimbursement encourages people to obtain required professional certification early in their careers.
- Service anniversary awards recognizes and celebrates those who have a long-term relationship with EY.
- Employee Referral Program: This program rewards employees who refer qualified candidates for certain positions. If your referral is hired and you both meet certain requirements, you may receive a cash award.
Health and welfare
We provide a choice of high-quality health care coverage:
- Open Access Plan options
- A high-deductible health plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Contributions deducted from pay on a pre-tax basis
- Infertility treatments
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) treatment for children with autism
- Virtual health care and other care choices
In addition, we offer:
- The choice of two options for eyewear: a voluntary plan, which has a monthly price tag and provides a reimbursement allowance for frames and lenses or a discount program that is available at no cost.
- Dental coverage for preventive care and restoration services from any provider.
- Dependent day care and health care reimbursement accounts: providing tax savings on eligible healthcare and dependent care expenses.
Savings and retirement
401(k) savings plan: multiple investment options, matching contributions and immediate 100% vesting for both your contribution and EY matching contribution.
Retirement plan: helps you plan for your retirement at no cost to you.
529 college savings plan: allows payroll deductions for future college tuition for yourself or someone else.
Personal financial planning: high-touch and high-tech financial planning services provided through the Employee Financial Services at no cost to you.
EY Student Loan: Administered by SoFi, a leading financial services provider, EY Student Loan offers solutions for repaying student loan debt, including an immediate $300 bonus incentive and lower interest rates that help you save money over the life of the loan.
EY Personal Benefits: offers savings and security through its identity theft protection program as well as discounted auto, home and pet insurance options from the nation’s top-rated insurance companies.
Mortgage referral program: helps you find financing for your home through referrals and arrangements with several lending institutions.
Promoting your health, mind and body
EY Quality of Life: offers US staff through executive director/director levels reimbursement for 75% of the cost up to $500 a year on a list of pre-approved health and wellness categories – gym memberships, exercise equipment, weight management programs, and more.
EY Healthy Eating: a nutrition program that offers tips and tools for smart eating decisions when you are on the go.
EY Wellbeing: an internal website that you can use to educate yourself and your family about health and wellbeing topics.
EY Assist: offers you and your loved ones various resources and articles on health and wellbeing including counselors who can provide assistance on a wide range of services ranging from one-on-one consultation on anxiety and stress management for you or your family members, or for diverse services like meal and grocery deliveries, house cleaning and home repair, vacation and event planning, child/elder/self/pet care services and more.
Lactation program: hospital-grade pump, travel kits and accessories available at no cost to all eligible personnel and their dependents.
Financial and legal protection
We provide a range of insurance benefits:
- Group term life, group universal and group variable universal life insurance plans
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Business travel accident insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability income
- Long-term care insurance.
In addition, we offer:
- Group legal plan: for you to have access to local attorneys who provide a wide range of legal services.
- Bereavement benefit: a lump-sum payment of four months' salary (with a minimum benefit of $50,000 net of taxes) to a surviving spouse or key adult survivor, and survivor financial counseling for a 12-month period. This payment is in addition to any life insurance through the firm.
Minimum of three weeks of vacation with additional weeks based on level and years of service.
Ten observed holidays, which include additional days off around Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.
Three paid personal days annually.
Unlimited paid time off for casual illness: the firm recognizes that you may occasionally be unable to work due to casual illness or injury and has not established a fixed number of casual illness days per year.
Additional Days Off program: allows eligible employees to purchase an additional five or ten days of time off.
Family medical leave: allows individuals with at least one year of service to take unpaid family medical leave for up to 16 weeks (four more than federally required).
Parental leave: offers six weeks of paid leave for you if you are the primary caregiver (in addition to short-term disability paid leave) and two weeks if you are not the primary caregiver. This includes the birth, adoption, foster care or legal guardianship of a child.
Supporting your life
College Coach: assists parents, EY mentors and their college-bound children in selecting schools, preparing applications, handling interviews and paying for college.
EY Discounts: enables you to shop online for nationally recognized products, services and entertainment at reduced prices.
Adoption assistance: helps pay expenses up to $5,000 per child (with an additional $1,000 for special needs children), with paid parental leave available for caregivers, along with resource and referral services.
Matching gifts: We encourage you to support higher education. The EY Foundation will match your gift, or your spouse’s or eligible same-sex or opposite-sex domestic partner’s gift, to qualifying colleges and universities in the US.
Commuter benefits: allows you to pay for eligible commuter expenses on a pre-tax basis.
Supportive career environment
Orientation: provides a comprehensive introduction to EY.
Professional learning and development: EY is committed to providing you with the right learning, experiences, coaching and related resources to help you achieve your potential. We do this through EYU, our global learning framework.
Membership in business, civic and professional organizations: Reimbursement is available for annual dues, fees and meeting expenses for certain organizations.
Professional Networks and other groups: provides opportunities for our people to connect with our clients, our communities and our culture.
Mobility: helps our people achieve their potential by providing diverse experiences that include moving between service lines, industry sectors, functions and assuming international assignments.
Flexible work arrangements: These include telecommuting, reduced schedules, compressed work weeks, in addition to supporting and practicing day-to-day flexibility so that people have what they need to succeed in their careers and their personal lives.