EY announces finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2012 Award in the Midwest
Chicago, IL, 1 May 2012 – Ernst & Young LLP today announced the finalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2012 Award in the Midwest. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on June 21, 2012, at the Hilton Chicago Hotel.
The Midwest region includes companies based in Illinois and Indiana. The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012 Midwest finalists are:
- @properties – Michael Golden and Thaddeus Wong (Chicago, Illinois)
- AAR Corp. – David Storch (Wood Dale, Illinois)
- Accuity, Inc. – Hugh Jones (Skokie, Illinois)
- Braintree Payment Solutions, LLC – Bryan Johnson (Chicago, Illinois)
- CareerBuilder – Matt Ferguson (Chicago, Illinois)
- Celadon Group Inc. – Stephen Russell (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- Celergo – Michele Honomichl (Deerfield, Illinois)
- Chiro One Wellness Centers – Stuart Bernsen (Oak Brook, Illinois)
- Chromatin, Inc. – Daphne Preuss (Chicago, Illinois)
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants – Tim McEnery (Countryside, Illinois)
- Fieldglass – Jai Shekhawat (Chicago, Illinois)
- The Finish Line, Inc. – Glenn Lyon (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- Gerber Plumbing Fixtures LLC – Michael Werner (Woodridge, Illinois)
- Glentronics, Inc. – Alan Schulman (Lincolnshire, Illinois)
- Gogo LLC – Jack Blumenstein and Michael Small (Itasca, Illinois)
- GrubHub, Inc. – Mike Evans and Matt Maloney (Chicago, Illinois)
- Guaranteed Rate – Victor Ciardelli III (Chicago, Illinois)
- Heritage-Crystal Clean Inc. – Joseph Chalhoub (Elgin, Illinois)
- HighTower – Elliot Weissbluth (Chicago, Illinois)
- kCura Corp. – Andrew Sieja (Chicago, Illinois)
- maxIT Healthcare – Parker Hinshaw (Westfield, Indiana)
- Mu Sigma – Dhiraj Rajaram (Northbrook, Illinois)
- The Rabine Group – Gary Rabine (Schaumburg, Illinois)
- Red Frog Events – Ryan Kunkel and Joe Reynolds (Chicago, Illinois)
- Remy International, Inc. – John Weber (Pendleton, Indiana)
- Roundarch Isobar – Geoff Cubitt and Jeff Maling (Chicago, Illinois)
- Sparton – Cary Wood (Schaumburg, Illinois)
- SXC Health Solutions Corp. – Mark Thierer (Lisle, Illinois)
- TransNational Bankcard, LLC – John Pitzaferro (Rosemont, Illinois)
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Following the gala, regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 17, 2012. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In the Midwest region, sponsors include ManpowerGroup, Winston & Strawn LLP, Benefitdecisions, PNC Bank, Smart Business magazine and Becker Professional Education. Locally, the program is sponsored by the Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center, WBBM Newsradio 780 and 105.9 FM and MK Communications.
To make reservations for the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards gala on June 21, contact Christine Evans of EY at + 1 312 879 2470 or email@example.com. Tickets are $200 per person or $1,800 for 10 tickets. For more information about the program, please visit www.ey.com/us/eoy/mw.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.