EY Announces Finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2017 Awards in the Greater Los Angeles Region
Los Angeles, 5 May 2017
EY today announced the finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 Awards in the Greater Los Angeles program. As the world’s most prestigious business awards program for entrepreneurs, Entrepreneur Of The Year recognizes trailblazers in more than 145 cities in 60 countries who are excelling in areas such as innovation, financial performance, and making a personal commitment to their businesses and communities. The business leaders noted below were selected by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a black-tie gala on Thursday, June 15 at The Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, hosted by Fox 11 News co-anchor Christine Devine with expected attendance of more than 700 founders, CEOs and business leaders from the greater Los Angeles area.
- 24Hr HomeCare | David Allerby, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Tyner Brenneman-Slay, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer, and Ryan Iwamoto, Co-Founder and Chief Marketing Officer | Los Angeles, California
- Clipper Corporation | Lina Hu, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer | Carson, California
- Cloudbreak Health, LLC | Jamey Edwards, Chief Executive Officer | El Segundo, California
- Coolhaus | Natasha Case, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer | Culver City, California
- Direct Relief | Thomas Tighe, President and Chief Executive Officer | Goleta, California
- FabFitFun | Daniel Asher Broukhim, Co-Founder and Co-Chief Executive Officer, Michael Barouch Broukhim, Co-Founder and Co-Chief Executive Officer, and Katie Rosen Kitchens, Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief | Los Angeles, California
- Factual | Gil Elbaz, Founder and Chief Executive Officer | Los Angeles, California
- HATCHBEAUTY Products, LLC | Tracy Holland, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Los Angeles, California
- inMarket | Todd Dipaola, Chief Executive Officer | Venice, California
- KabaFusion | Dr. Sohail Masood, President and Chief Executive Officer | Cerritos, California
- Micro Quality Labs Inc. | Karine Aylozyan, Chief Executive Officer and Q.A. Technical Director | Burbank, California
- Omaze | Ryan Cummins, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, and Matt Pohlson, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer | Los Angeles, California
- Ross Organic | Stephanie Leshney, Chief Executive Officer and President, and Erin Coulter, Chief Operating Officer | Santa Fe Springs, California
- ServiceTitan | Ara Mahdessian, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer | Glendale, California
- StackCommerce | Josh Payne | Founder and Chief Executive Officer | Venice, California
- TaskUs | Bryce Maddock, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, and Jaspar Weir, Co-Founder and President | Santa Monica, California
- The Agency | Billy Rose, President, and Mauricio Umansky, Chief Executive Officer | Beverly Hills, California
- The Bouqs Company | John Tabis, Founder and Chief Executive Officer | Marina del Rey, California
- The Camp Transformation Center | Dr. Sam Bakhtiar, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, and Alejandra Font, Co-Founder and Partner | Los Angeles, California
- TrackR | Chris Herbert, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, and Christian Johan Smith, Co-Founder and President | Santa Barbara, California
- Xencor Inc. | Bassil Dahiyat, Founder, Chief Executive Officer and President | Monrovia, California
- Yamibuy | Alex Zhou, Founder and Chief Executive Officer | City of Industry, California
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the Entrepreneur Of The Year National program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 18, 2017. The awards are the culminating event of the Strategic Growth Forum™, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award in Monaco in June 2018.
Founded and produced by EY, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the US by SAP America, Merrill Corporation and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. In the greater Los Angeles area, regional gold sponsors include Tangram; silver sponsors include Avison Young, Ballard Spahr, Big Picture, Cresa, HighTower Acacia Wealth Advisors, Vaco and Woodruff Sawyer & Company; the media sponsor is CSQ; and the public relations sponsor is Olmstead Williams Communications.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Entrepreneur Of The Year®, founded by EY, is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for entrepreneurs, who are chosen from an independent panel of judges, including entrepreneurs and prominent leaders from business, finance and the local community. The program makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global awards program of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities and more than 60 countries. ey.com/eoy
About EY’s Growth Markets Network
EY’s worldwide Growth Markets Network is dedicated to serving the changing needs of high-growth companies. For more than 30 years, we’ve helped many of the world’s most dynamic and ambitious companies grow into market leaders. Whether working with international mid-cap companies or early stage, venture-backed businesses, our professionals draw upon their extensive experience, insight and global resources to help your business succeed. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/sgm or follow our news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited operating in the US.
For more information, please visit ey.com.