EY announces Finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2017 Award in the Mountain Desert region
Denver, 12 May 2017
EY today announced the finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 Award in the Mountain Desert region. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who are excelling in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on Thursday June 22, 2017 at the Seawell Ballroom in the Denver Center for the Performing Arts.
The finalists are:
- Active Interest Media - Andrew Clurman, President & CEO (Boulder, CO)
- Aleph Objects, Inc. - Jeffrey Moe, CEO (Loveland, CO)
- Avella Specialty Pharmacy - Rebecca Shanahan, CEO (Phoenix, AZ)
- Bobo's - Beryl Stafford, Founder & President (Boulder, CO)
- Choozle - Andrew Fischer, CEO (Denver, CO)
- Circle Graphics - Andrew Cousin, CEO (Longmont, CO)
- Digital Air Strike - Alexi Venneri, Co-founder & CEO (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Equality Health - Hugh Lytle, Founder & CEO (Phoenix, AZ)
- ezpz - Lindsey Laurain, Founder (Castle Rock, CO)
- IMA Financial Group, Inc. - Robert Cohen, Chairman & CEO (Denver, CO)
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. - John Rowley, Co-founder & CEO; and Marcia Rowley, Co-founder and COO (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Madwire® - JB Kellogg, Co-Founder & Co-CEO (Fort Collins, CO)
- Mission Yogurt, Inc. - Rod Tafoya, President (Westminster, CO)
- PaySimple - Eric Remer, CEO (Denver, CO)
- Punch Bowl Social - Robert Thompson, Founder & CEO (Denver, CO)
- RK Mechanical, Inc. - Rick L. Kinning, President, CEO & Chairman (Denver, CO)
- SendGrid - Sameer Dholakia, CEO (Denver, CO)
- Sleep Shepherd LLC - Dr. Michael Larson, Founder & President ( CO Springs, CO)
- Snooze, A.M. Eatery - David Birzon, CEO (Denver, CO)
- Sovrn - Walter Knapp, CEO (Boulder, CO)
- Teriyaki Madness - Michael Haith, Chairman & CEO (Denver, CO)
- Travelers Haven - Elia Wallen, CEO & Founder (Denver, CO)
- Velocity Global - Ben Wright, CEO (Denver, CO)
- WebPT - Dr. Heidi Jannenga, Co-Founder & President (Phoenix, AZ)
Now in its 31st year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 145 cities and more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the Entrepreneur Of The Year national program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall National Award winner, will be announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, California on November 18, 2017. The awards are the culminating event of the Strategic Growth Forum™, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in Monaco in June 2018.
Founded and produced by EY, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the US by SAP America, Merrill Corporation and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In the Mountain Desert region, sponsors also include Faegre Baker Daniels, Colliers International, Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. and the Denver Business Journal.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Entrepreneur Of The Year®, founded by EY, is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for entrepreneurs, chosen from an independent panel of judges including entrepreneurs and prominent leaders from business, finance, and the local community. The program makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global awards program of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in over 145 cities and more than 60 countries. ey.com/eoy
About EY’s Growth Markets Network
EY’s worldwide Growth Markets Network is dedicated to serving the changing needs of high-growth companies. For more than 30 years, we’ve helped many of the world’s most dynamic and ambitious companies grow into market leaders. Whether working with international mid-cap companies or early stage, venture-backed businesses, our professionals draw upon their extensive experience, insight and global resources to help your business succeed. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/sgm or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a member of the global EY organization that provides services to clients in the US.
For more information, please visit ey.com.