EY announces Entrepreneur Of The YearTM 2014 semifinalists in Greater Los Angeles
Los Angeles, 8 April 2014
EY today announced semifinalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The YearTM 2014 Award in Greater Los Angeles. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in areas such as innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected as semifinalists by a panel of independent judges. Award recipients will be announced at a black-tie Awards Gala on Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA.
- Ryan Iwamoto, Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer, David Allerby, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, and Tyner Brenneman-Slay, Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer – 24Hr HomeCare – El Segundo, CA
- Yavar Rafieha, President, Abby Rafieha, Founder, Bruce Rafieha, General Manager of US Distribution, Doddy Rafieha, Senior VP, Rodd Rafieha, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, and Sherri Rafieha, Director of International Relationships – Abbyson Living – Calabasas, CA
- Jon Waterman, Founder & CEO – Ad.net, Inc. – Los Angeles, CA
- Ramesh Srinivasan, President and CEO – Bally Technologies, Inc. – Las Vegas, NV
- Therese Tucker, CEO – BlackLine Systems – Woodland Hills, CA
- Saif Mansour, Managing Partner – Breakwater Investment Management – Los Angeles, CA
- Jim Murphy, CEO – Broadvoice – Winnetka, CA
- Jody Miller, Co-Founder & CEO – Business Talent Group – Pacific Palisades, CA
- Mitch Garber, CEO – Caesars Acquisition Company – Las Vegas, NV
- Anastasia Mann, Chairman & CEO – Corniche Group, Inc. – West Hollywood, CA
- Steven Watts, President – CSI Electrical Contractors, Inc. – Santa Fe Springs, CA
- Jerry Azarkman, Co-Founder – Curacao – Los Angeles, CA
- Mario Stadtlander, Partner and Sean Ono, Partner – Eagle Promotions – Las Vegas, NV
- Alex Kazerani, Chairman & CEO and James Segil, President – EdgeCast Networks – Santa Monica
- Jamey Edwards, CEO – Emergent Medical Associates – Manhattan Beach, CA
- Jon Hirshberg, President & CEO – ENI-JR286, Inc. – Torrance, CA
- Karenjo Goodwin, Founder & CEO – Exact Staff Inc. – Woodland Hills, CA
- Jim Mitchell, CEO and Robb Fujioka, President & Founder – Fuhu, Inc. – El Segundo, CA
- Fred Joyal, Co-Founder and Vice Chairman – Futuredontics, Inc. – Los Angeles, CA
- Ophir Tanz, CEO – GumGum – Santa Monica, CA
- Brian Lee, Co-Founder and CEO, Christopher Gavigan, Founder and Chief Product Officer, Sean Kane, Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer, Jessica Alba, Founder – The Honest Company – Santa Monica, CA
- Joe Huber, CEO & CIO – Huber Capital Management – El Segundo, CA
- Peter Kim, Founder & CEO – Hudson Jeans – Commerce, CA
- Tom Bernthal, CEO and Co-Founder and Gareth Schweitzer, Co-founder – Kelton – Culver City, CA
- Deborah Schwarz, Chief Executive Officer – LAC Group – Los Angeles, CA
- Aaron Leon, CEO – LD Products Inc. – Long Beach, CA
- Amit Kleinberger, CEO – Menchie's – Encino, CA
- Sandy Sigal, Founder & CEO – NewMark Merrill Companies – Woodland Hills, CA
- Eugene Kim, President & COO and Hayden Slater, Founder and CEO – Pressed Juicery – Santa Monica, CA
- Josef Gorowitz, CEO – Prodege, LLC – El Segundo, CA
- Tony Safoian, CEO & President – SADA Systems – North Hollywood, CA
- James Borow, Co-founder & CEO – SHIFT – Santa Monica, CA
- Jeff Platt, CEO – Sky Zone – Los Angeles, CA
- Ken McBride, Chairman & CEO – Stamps.com – El Segundo, CA
- Blaine Vess, Co-Founder and CEO – StudyMode – West Hollywood, CA
- Randall Sultan, President – Sultan Financial Corporation – Los Angeles, CA
- Rami Rostami, Founder & CEO – Technocel – Simi Valley, CA
- Erik Oberholtzer, Co-Founder & Owner, David Dressler, Co-Founder & Owner, and Matt Lyman, Co-Founder & Owner – Tender Greens – Culver City, CA
- Jeff Green, CEO and co-founder – The Trade Desk, Inc. – Ventura, CA
- Scott Painter, Founder & CEO – TrueCar, Inc. – Santa Monica, CA
- Nick Hedges, CEO & President – Velocify – El Segundo, CA
- Adam Coffey, President & CEO – WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems – El Segundo, CA
- J.W. Yoo, President & CEO – Wilshire Bank – Los Angeles, CA
Now in its 28th year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 145 cities in 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award recipients are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year national program. Award recipients in several national categories, as well as the overall national EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Award recipient, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California on November 15, 2014. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are sponsored in the United States by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America. In Greater Los Angeles, regional sponsors include: Platinum sponsors: Marsh, Merrill Corporation, Scherzer International, Smart Business and Union Bank. Silver sponsors: Acacia Wealth Advisors, Ballard Spahr, The Big Picture, and Cresa.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries.
About EY’s Strategic Growth Markets practice
EY’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practices guide leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary teams of elite professionals provide perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, an EY member firm serving clients in the US.