The IPO: a transformation, not a transaction
A successful listing on one of the world's capital markets, while always the culmination of months or years of hard work, can provide benefits such as:
- Access to financing to complete a strategic acquisition
- Opportunities to expand your business into new markets
- An exit opportunity for your private equity or other investors
- Improved perceptions of your business and brand with customers, suppliers and employees
An IPO marks a turning point in the life of a company. Exceptional enterprises don't view an IPO as simply a financial transaction, but rather, recognize it as a complex transformation from private to public and start their IPO journey well-informed and well-prepared.
Livestream: The future of IPOs: are you ready to embrace the change?
The public market is evolving, and several emerging trends are shaping how companies operate and grow. What does this mean for the existing IPO landscape?
Don’t miss this opportunity to join us via livestream on May 18 from 8:00-9:30am ET as we explore the impact of innovation and regulatory change on how businesses successfully plan for growth as they go from private to public.
Strategic transactions at the 2016 US Strategic Growth ForumTM
“A CEO’s guide to strategic transactions” is the theme of this special program at this year’s US Strategic Growth Forum, which will be held in Palm Springs, CA, November 16-20, 2016. In this session, which will take place Wednesday, November 16, you’ll join other C-suite executives to hear about the latest outlook on the capital markets and learn strategies to prepare for a successful IPO or other strategic transaction.
Q1 2017 US IPO Trends
For a full breakdown of the latest IPO activity around the world, read the latest EY Global IPO Trends Report.
Q1 2017 Global Trends IPO Report
IPO activity got a brisk start in Q1 with Asia-Pacific market gains and two US megadeals leading to a record high.
Insights on IPO trends and activity
- How companies take investor relations to heart
- Webcast: 2017 IPO and M&A
- Value quest, EY’s 2016 valuation survey considers how investors find value amid the crowd of private companies.
- How governance can impact an IPO firm’s success
- EY’s guide to going public
- With the right board, the sky's no limit
- Internal controls: Are you ready?
- Update on emerging growth companies and the JOBS Act, November 2016
- To the Point: Policy issues for audit committee comment in the SEC’s S-K Concept Release on disclosure effectiveness
- To the Point: PCAOB reproposes significant changes to the auditor’s report