The IPO: a transformation, not a transaction
A successful listing on one of the world's capital markets, while always the culmination of months or years of hard work, can provide benefits such as:
- Access to financing to complete a strategic acquisition
- Opportunities to expand your business into new markets
- An exit opportunity for your private equity or other investors
- Improved perceptions of your business and brand with customers, suppliers and employees
An IPO marks a turning point in the life of a company. Exceptional enterprises don't view an IPO as simply a financial transaction, but rather, recognize it as a complex transformation from private to public and start their IPO journey well-informed and well-prepared.
EY webcast: "Looking behind the declining number of public companies – trends in US capital markets and the impact on capital formation."
- The decline in the total number of US public companies
- The attractiveness of US public capital markets today
- The growing vibrancy of private capital markets
- Recent policy actions impacting capital formation
Livestream: The future of IPOs: are you ready to embrace the change?
The public market is evolving, and several emerging trends are shaping how companies operate and grow. What does this mean for the existing IPO landscape?
In this Livestream event from May 18, 2017, we explored the impact of innovation and regulatory change on how businesses successfully plan for growth as they go from private to public.
Q1 2017 US IPO Trends
For a full breakdown of the latest IPO activity around the world, read the latest EY Global IPO Trends Report.
Q2 2017 Global IPO Report
2017 global IPO activity is set to outpace 2016. Read more about the market outlook in our latest report.
Insights on IPO trends and activity
- Financial reporting obligations under SEC Rule 701 for private companies that issue equity compensation
- IPO Registration process
- Equity capital markets update/May 2017
- EY’s guide to going public
- How companies take investor relations to heart
- Webcast: 2017 IPO and M&A
- How governance can impact an IPO firm’s success
- With the right board, the sky's no limit
- Internal controls: Are you ready?
- Update on emerging growth companies and the JOBS Act, November 2016
- Equity capital markets update/February 2017