The IPO: a transformation, not a transaction
A successful listing on one of the world's capital markets, while always the culmination of months or years of hard work, can provide benefits such as:
- Access to financing to complete a strategic acquisition
- Opportunities to expand your business into new markets
- An exit opportunity for your private equity or other investors
- Improved perceptions of your business and brand with customers, suppliers and employees
An IPO marks a turning point in the life of a company. Exceptional enterprises don't view an IPO as simply a financial transaction, but rather, recognize it as a complex transformation from private to public and start their IPO journey well-informed and well-prepared.
Strategic transactions at the 2016 US Strategic Growth ForumTM
“A CEO’s guide to strategic transactions” is the theme of this special program at this year’s US Strategic Growth Forum, which will be held in Palm Springs, CA, November 16-20, 2016. In this session, which will take place Wednesday, November 16, you’ll join other C-suite executives to hear about the latest outlook on the capital markets and learn strategies to prepare for a successful IPO or other strategic transaction.
Q3 2016 US IPO Trends
For a full breakdown of the latest IPO activity around the world, read the latest EY Global IPO Trends Report.
3Q 2016 Global IPO Trends Report
Our latest report says unprecedented levels of geopolitical uncertainty are weighing heavily on dealmakers, despite improving economic fundamentals.
Insights on IPO trends and activity
- Value quest, EY’s 2016 valuation survey considers how investors find value amid the crowd of private companies.
- How governance can impact an IPO firm’s success
- EY’s guide to going public
- With the right board, the sky's no limit
- Internal controls: Are you ready?
- The JOBS Act: 2015 mid-year update
- To the Point: Policy issues for audit committee comment in the SEC’s S-K Concept Release on disclosure effectiveness
- To the Point: PCAOB reproposes significant changes to the auditor’s report