Tax Desk professionals answer questions about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and other tax matters every day. With our access to up-to-date tax resources, we can help answer a wide range of questions, including:
- How will the new standard deduction amount impact the ability to itemize deductions?
- Will the mortgage interest on a home continue to be deductible?
- What happens if state and local taxes paid are more than $10,000?
- Will investment management fees be deductible?
- Does the qualified charitable distribution provide more value now?
- Can a Roth IRA conversion be recharacterized?
- What are the new estate and gift exemption amounts?
- What are the new requirements for the child tax credit?
- How have the kiddie tax rules changed?
- Does it still make sense to contribute to a Coverdell account?
- Will the AMT continue to be in effect for individuals?
- How does the new tax legislation impact divorced couples?
When appropriate, our tax professionals can provide supporting documentation from IRS publications, sections of the Internal Revenue Code and Ernst & Young LLP tax publications.