Are you a woman entrepreneur with big plans?
Are you a woman with the vision and passion for growing your company?
As the leader in advising, guiding and recognising entrepreneurs, EY knows that access to successful role models and business-building networks is critical for entrepreneurs to accelerate growth.
The EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme is an executive leadership programme that identifies a select group of high-potential women entrepreneurs whose businesses show real potential to scale — and then helps them do it.
This leadership development programme works alongside and assists high-potential women entrepreneurs scale their businesses and achieve the full potential they envision for their companies.We admire the work they are doing and it is continually inspirational for us to learn about the impact of their businesses as it re-affirms our belief in the power and spirit of entrepreneurship.
About the program
The programme helps these entrepreneurs by:
- Expanding their knowledge with the latest information, research and executive dialogues about business strategies and practices
- Identifying potential partners, strategic alliances, as well as prospective sources of private capital
- Providing access to informal, one-to-one guidance and support
- Increasing visibility for themselves and their companies among corporate executives, investors and the media
Those selected for the Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme are exposed to entrepreneurs, investors and advisors who can help them on crucial actions needed to scale their companies:
- Think big and be bold
- Build a public profile
- Work on the business, rather than in it
- Establish key advisory networks
- Evaluate financing for expansion
Class of 2017 Applications
If you are a high-potential woman entrepreneur and wish to apply for the EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme, please apply by completing, in full, the application form and submitting to: email@example.com
- Applicants must fit the following criteria to participate:
- Have a substantial ownership of the business – at least 50%
- Have decision making roles and
- Demonstrate passion to grow their business and scale up
- Are ready to fully commit to the programme and attend the series of four workshops in Johannesburg over the twelve months.
- Businesses must be at least three years old and have reported at least R5m revenue during the past two years.
The application deadline is 31 May 2017
By applying for EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women, you are applying for an award as well as executive leadership program. Selected entrepreneurs will participate in a customised workshops year-round which are designed to catalyse their company’s growth by building and fostering critical relationships, enhancing leadership skills, expanding business know-how and providing increased visibility. Programme is free of charge for the selected women however no travel expenses are provided.
Meet our winning women
Class of 2016
- Christi Maherry, LAWtrust
- Fee Halsted, Ardmore Ceramic Art
- Risna Opperman, Roses for U t/a Urth
- Kariema Price, Pyramid Electrical Contractors
- Dolly Mbuyane, Nozihle Cleaning Services
- Shameem Kumandan, Washtub Laundry
- Melanie Medell, Melaire Linens
- Dudu Mofokeng, Legaci Superior Dry Cleaners and Laundry Services
- Patricia Koekemoer, Professional Sourcing
- Ayanda Mzondeki, Liyema Consulting
- Gcinile Mamba, Sivivane Construction
- Phindile Machweu, Sasamela Trading Enterprise & Projects
- Vimala Ariyan, Southern African Institute of Learning
- Lerato Molefe, Naaya Consulting
- Faaeza Doola, Hott Design and Print
This leadership development programme works alongside and assist high-potential women entrepreneurs scale their businesses and achieve the full potential they envision for their companies.
Knowing the importance of coaching and mentorship programs in achieving gender equality in the workplace, we are pleased to continue the work of this programme to channel our resources, our people, and our convening ability to help women entrepreneurs achieve the full potential of their companies and themselves as business leaders.
We admire the work they are doing and it is continually inspirational for us to learn about the impact of their businesses as it re-affirms our belief in the power and spirit of entrepreneurship.
Our Alumni network
Entrepreneurial Winning Women join an elite business network of the country’s best high-growth companies and participate in a customized executive leadership program with year-round activities.
Class of 2015
- Annie Malan, Annie Malan Productions
- Lynette Nontobeko, Boniswa Corporate Solutions
- Sarisa Ferreira, Areli Veg (Pty) Ltd
- Precious Thamaga, Precious Celebrations
- Marthie Jansen van Rensburg, EASTC
- Paula Fray, frayintermedia
- Marli Hoffman, The Little Ashford Preschool
- Jena Mukina, The Little Ashford Preschool
- Debbi Demetriou, Mitras Amenities
- Nisha Maharaj, Niche Integrated Services
- Laura Reynolds, Recruit IT Group
- Fiona Aitken, Sight Projects & Interiors
- Dr Lynette Molefi, Telemedicine Africa (Pty) Ltd
Class of 2014
- Kirsty Galliard, General Post
- Tebogo Mashego, Diep K Steel & Aluminium
- Mikateko Mdhuli, Zethu Consulting Services
- Tebogo Molotsi, Stitches Clothing
- Linda Moore, Ignite Energy Saving
- Tania Mulligan, Kushesh Trading
- Hanita Muthray, nt’Shona Langa Valley
- Albertina Phuti, Niphuti Business Enterprise
- Dimakatso Sekhoto, Makolobane Farmers Enterprises
- Amanda Uys, Stay City
Class of 2013
- Nthabi Sibanda, PUO Educational Products
- Bhekiwe Nxumalo, PUO Educational Products
- Mellanie van der Byl, Let's Share Trading
- Cynthia Mkhombo, Masana Hygiene
- Nkhensani Nkosi, Stoned Cherrie
- Tracy Foulkes,NOMU
- Pria Hassan,Women of Africa
- Johanna McDowell, Mazole Holdings
- Suzanne Stevens, Brightrock
- Kurisani Maswanganyi, Kulani Engineering Consultancy
- Hlamalani Ndlovu, Fikile Construction
- Divine Ndhlukula,Securico
The EY World Entrepreneur Award™ – Southern Africa, now in its 20th year, is more than a business award but part of a global programme that helps and supports entrepreneurs build successful and sustainable business.
Get ready for #BeBoldForChange2017. International women's day is a catalyst for driving a more gender inclusive world. Join us in taking ground breaking action that drives the greatest change.