Shale gas requires a unique approach to doing business. Learn how we can help.
Seizing opportunities in shale gas
Oil and Gas: Capital Confidence Barometer
Oil price volatility: staying resilient
Global oil and gas transaction review 2014
Fuelling the next generation
Global oil and gas reserves study
Mexico: Making the most of the energy reform
Spotlight on oil and gas megaprojects
Global oil and gas tax guide 2014
Oil & Gas
Fueling your future in a global economy
With rising global energy demand, the oil and gas industry has a wide range of challenges and opportunities across the upstream, midstream, downstream and oilfield services sectors. We help oil and gas companiesnavigate through the changing regulatory environment, manage risks and optimize performance.
To help seize new opportunities, our oil and gas professionals provide guidance on key industry issues, such as:
- Competing and managing risk in oil and gas
While risk continues to dominate the energy landscape, competition is also becoming a dominate feature. We help oil and gas companies understand their business risks and develop plans to manage or capitalize on them.
Our professionals understand business operations and use their knowledge to support clients in defining and developing their strategies and risk mitigation techniques.
- Seizing opportunities in shale gas
- Navigating joint ventures in oil and gas
- Oil price volatility: staying resilient
- Canadian energy survey: a new energy world
- Fueling the next generation
- Oil and gas cybersecurity: time for a seismic shift?
- Navigating geopolitics in oil and gas
- US oil and gas reserves study 2014
- Competing in the global LNG market
- Getting ready for UK shale gas
- The Norwegian oil field service analysis
- Managing bribery and corruption risks in the oil and gas industry
- Authorized access: uncovering insider threats within oil and gas companies
- Global oil and gas reserves study
- Business pulse: oil and gas
- Navigating M&A and investment decisions
Players in the capital-intensive oil and gas industry began partnering more vigorously. The past two years have seen a significant ramp-up in oil companies’ planned investments in unconventional oil and gas plays, with a marked increase in joint ventures and acquisitions.
Need to make better and more informed decisions about how to strategically manage capital and implement transactions in a changing world? Let us help.
- Responding to shale’s pressure test in 2015
- Oil and Gas: Capital Confidence Barometer
- Oil and gas transactions in review 2014—Canada
- Oil & gas: global corporate divestment study
- Cash in the barrel
- Global oil and gas transactions review
- The emergence of Canadian gas divestments
- Financing the future energy landscape
- Funding challenges in the oil and gas sector
- Strategic divestments drive value
- The MLP journey
- Cost reduction and process optimization
Oil and gas companies have seen significant increases in drilling, service, production and operating costs over the past decade. More complex operations generally mean more costly operations.
The most common initiatives for companies were to optimize processes and embed controls. Typically, companies in the oil and gas sector seeking to contain costs will focus heavily on third-party spend, headcount, shared services, IT efficiencies and outsourcing.
- New and emerging market growth
The rise of emerging markets gives the oil and gas industry a new business perspective. Challenges and opportunities exist in a growing economy, evolving government regulations and increasing competition.
Whether you have a tight focus on the BRIC countries or want to see the full range of emerging market growth, we provide a global industry perspective.
- Review of the UK oilfield services industry
- The Norwegian oilfield services analysis 2014
- African oil and gas: driving sustainable growth
- EY's Africa: Oil & Gas capabilities
- Exploring Arctic oil and gas
- Oilfield services in Asia: Emergence of a new business model
- Mexico: making the most of the energy reform
- Russia’s downstream sector: sights set on modernization
- Enhanced oil recovery (EOR) methods in Russia: time is of the essence
- Monitoring regulatory changes
The top driver of regulatory risks, as reported by oil and gas companies in our global multi-sector survey, is the sector-specific regulatory pressures. In many countries, regulatory and fiscal frameworks are uncertain.
Our accounting and tax compliance services are focused on helping large, multinational companies meet their financial reporting requirements in the many countries where they do business.
- Alberta’s oil and gas sector - regulatory paradigm shift: challenges and opportunities
- Forecasting the US energy landscape
- FIRPTA investement guide: For foreign investments in certain US oil and gas assets
- Kazakhstan oil and gas tax guide 2014
- New challenges, new directions: Financial accounting advisory services for the oil and gas sector
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
What will happen to the oil price in 2015 and beyond? Join us as we explore how companies can transform and prosper by focusing on enhancing financial, operational and portfolio resilience needed to weather an extended period of volatile prices.