EY announces Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Award winners in Southwest Area North
Dallas, 22 June 2013
Ernst & Young LLP today announced the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Award winners in Southwest Area North. The award recognizes outstanding high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. The finalists and winners were selected by an independent panel of judges and honored at a gala event at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel on June 22, 2013.
- Richard Wright, President and CEO, AdvoCare, Plano, TX
- Max Martin, Chairman and CEO, ARGO Data Resource Corporation, Richardson, TX
- Calvin Carter, Founder and President, Bottle Rocket Apps, Dallas, TX
- Stephen Mooney, President and CEO, Conifer Health Solutions, Frisco, TX
- David Sokolsky, President and CEO, Daisy Brand, Dallas, TX
- Gregg Engles, Chairman, Dean Foods Company, Dallas, TX
- Phil Rykhoek, President and CEO, Denbury Resources, Inc., Plano, TX
- Ross Perot, Founder and Chairman, EDS/Perot Systems, Dallas, TX
- Ross Perot , Jr. Chairman Perot Systems/Hillwood, Dallas, TX
- Don Freeman Chairman, Freeman, Dallas, TX
- Carrie Freeman Parsons, Vice Chairman, Freeman, Dallas, TX
- Joe Popolo, CEO, Freeman, Dallas, TX
- David Weinreb, CEO, Howard Hughes Corporation, Dallas, TX
- Randy Watson, Chairman and CEO, Justin Brands, Inc., Fort Worth, TX
- Eddie Lennox, Founder and Chairman, Service King Collision Repair Centers, Inc., Richardson, TX
- Tony Aquila, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Solera Holdings, Inc., Westlake, TX
- Brian Schultz, CEO, Studio Movie Grill, Dallas, TX
Family Business Award of Excellence
We are excited to present our inaugural Family Business Award of Excellence for the Southwest Region North to the Perot family. For decades, Ross Perot and Ross Perot, Jr. have served as proven leaders of global companies, demonstrated innovative, forward-thinking ideas through their business models and made significant philanthropic contributions to the Dallas community and beyond.
Please join us as we honor a lifetime of the Perots’ innovative and entrepreneurial achievements. Now in its 27th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded globally to recognize company builders in over 140 cities and in more than 50 countries throughout the world. Regional award winners go on to compete at the national level. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the National EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 16, 2013. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In the Southwest Area North Awards program, regional sponsors include:
- BBVA Compass
- Colliers International
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Merrill Communications, LLC
- Roach Howard Smith & Barton
- D CEO Magazine
About Ernst & Young LLP's Strategic Growth Markets practice
Ernst & Young LLP's Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practice guides leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary team of elite professionals provides perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter at @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
For more information, please visit ey.com.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a client-serving member firm of Ernst Young Global Limited operating in the US.