EY announces Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 finalists in the Midwest Region
Chicago, 1 May 2013
Ernst & Young LLP today announced the finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Award in the Midwest region. The awards program recognizes high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. The Midwest region received 107 nominations, and the finalists were selected by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala event on June 27, 2013 at the Hilton Chicago Hotel.
The Midwest region includes companies based in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. Collectively, this year’s finalists created nearly 10,500 jobs in the past three years, providing more than 48,000 jobs at the end of 2012. These companies generated more than $6.1 billion of revenue in 2012 and grew employment by 21 percent and revenues by 26 percent between 2010 and 2012.
The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013 Midwest finalists are:
- @properties – Michael Golden and Thaddeus Wong (Chicago, Illinois)
- A.O. Smith Corporation – Paul Jones (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
- Acme Industries – Warren Young (Elk Grove Village, Illinois)
- AHEAD – Daniel Adamany (Chicago, Illinois)
- API Healthcare Corporation – J.P. Fingado (Hartford, Wisconsin)
- ARCO/Murray National Construction Company, Inc. – Bradley Dannegger (Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois)
- Associated – Michael Romano (Addison, Illinois)
- BankersAccuity – Hugh Jones IV (Skokie, Illinois)
- Chiro One Wellness Centers – Stuart Bernsen (Oak Brook, Illinois)
- Chromatin Inc. – Daphne Preuss (Chicago, Illinois)
- Cleversafe, Inc. – Chris Gladwin (Chicago, Illinois)
- Envestnet, Inc. – Judson Bergman (Chicago, Illinois)
- Escalade, Inc. – Robert Keller (Evansville, Indiana)
- GoHealth – Brandon Cruz and Clint Jones (Chicago, Illinois)
- kCura - Andrew Sieja (Chicago, Illinois)
- Legacy.com – Stopher Bartol (Evanston, Illinois)
- Level 6 Corporation – Howard Stillman (Chicago, Illinois)
- Life Fitness – Chris Clawson (Schiller Park, Illinois)
- Life Spine, Inc. – Michael Butler (Hoffman Estates, Illinois)
- Mazzetta Company, LLC – Thomas Mazzetta (Highland Park, Illinois)
- Monroe Capital LLC – Theodore Koenig (Chicago, Illinois)
- Overture, LLC – Heather Sanderson (Vernon Hills, Illinois)
- Pangea Properties – Albert Goldstein (Chicago, Illinois)
- Peerless Network, Inc. – John Barnicle, Jim Brewer, Tony Hiller, Scott Kell, Richard Knight, and Doug Lee (Chicago, Illinois)
- Protein Bar – Matthew Matros (Chicago, Illinois)
- Revolution Dancewear – Scott Harris (Niles, Illinois)
- Rising Medical Solutions, Inc. – Jason Beans (Chicago, Illinois)
- Sartori Company – James Sartori and Jeffrey Schwager (Plymouth, Wisconsin)
- SingleHop, LLC – Zachary Boca and Daniel Ushman (Chicago, Illinois)
- The Seaton Companies – Michael Miles (Chicago, Illinois)
- Transportation Solutions Enterprises, LLC – Todd Berger (Chicago, Illinois)
- Trunk Club – Brian Spaly (Chicago, Illinois)
- UGN, Inc. – Peter Anthony (Tinley Park, Illinois)
- Zotec Partners – T. Scott Law (Carmel, Indiana)
Now in its 27th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded globally to recognize entrepreneurs in over 140 cities and in more than 50 countries throughout the world. Regional award winners go on to compete at the national level. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the National EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 16, 2013. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. In the Midwest region, sponsors include: Winston & Strawn LLP, Benefitdecisions, LaSalle Network, PNC Bank, Smart Business magazine, Becker Professional Education, Merrill Datasite and the Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center.
To make reservations for the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards gala on June 27, contact Christine Evans of EY at + 1 312 879 2470 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are $250 per person or $2,300 for 10 tickets. For more information about the program, please visit www.ey.com/us/eoy/mw.
About EY’s Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY’s Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award recognizes the significant contributions of entrepreneurs who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
About Ernst & Young LLP’s Strategic Growth Markets practice
Ernst & Young LLP’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practice guides leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary team of elite professionals provides perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter at EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 167,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
For more information, please visit ey.com.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a client-serving member firm of Ernst Young Global Limited operating in the US.