Entrepreneurial Winning Women™
To take advantage of this extraordinary opportunity, applicants must fit the following criteria:
- Woman business owner (at least a 51% owner) who is the founding CEO of any privately held US or Canadian company less than 10 years old. If there are other women co-founders, they may apply as a group if the group meets the ownership criteria.
- For those women who have sought outside investment, the founding woman entrepreneur may still apply if she retains a majority ownership stake of what’s left after deducting all outside investments.
- Company must have reported at least $2m in sales for each of the last two fiscal years. (Typical applicant company revenue ranges from $2m up to approximately $20m annually.)
- 2014 applicants must be able to attend an intensive two-day orientation/ preparation session on October 23-24 as well as the EY Strategic Growth Forum, November 12–16 in Palm Springs, California. Attendance at both the Orientation and Strategic Growth Forum is mandatory. Those unable to commit to both events may be better served not applying.
- Please note the following additional eligibility rules:
- Only for-profit businesses may apply.
- Franchisors are eligible, but franchisees are not.
- Former EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award winners are not eligible.
“My selection as one of the Entrepreneurial Winning Women really boosted our credibility and visibility. More importantly, we attribute a portion of new sales as being largely the result of relationships and opportunities that EY has gone above and beyond to facilitate.” - Sherry Stewart Deutschmann, LetterLogic, Class of 2009