- About Our Global Tax Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- Human Capital
- Information Reporting and Withholding
- Legislative Services
- Private Client Services
- State and Local Tax
- Tax Accounting
- Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness
- Tax Controversy and Risk Management
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy
- Transaction Tax
- Value Added Tax
Washington Council EY
Washington Council EY (WCEY) is an advisory services group that helps clients manage opportunities and risks associated with the legislative and regulatory process. Our practice covers domestic and international taxation; health care; energy; employee benefits; financial services and other issues.
WCEY assists clients in navigating the often byzantine legislative and regulatory process – from committee deliberations, outreach to leadership, and House and Senate floor consideration, all the way to regulatory implementation.
Service offerings include:
- Full service representation before the Congress and Executive branch
- Strategic legislative advice
- Legislative process, issue monitoring and reporting, and technical legislative analysis
- Coalition development and management
- Statutory and report language drafting
- Development of "position papers" and other background documents
- Drafting congressional testimony and regulatory comments
Our professionals have held senior policy positions in the Executive Branch, the Senate and the House of Representatives. Partners and principals have held senior policy positions in the government's executive and legislative branches, including the following:
- White House
- Treasury Department, including the Internal Revenue Service
- Senate Finance Committee
- House Ways and Means Committee
- Congressional leadership
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Department of Health and Human Services
Our practice areas
WCEY represents clients in all significant aspects of federal taxation. Our professionals have been extensively involved in all of the major tax bills considered by the Congress during the last 25 years, either through their positions in government or in the private sector.
WCEY represents clients before the Congress and Executive Branch on federal legislative and regulatory health care policy matters, including implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; public and private health insurance and coverage issues; provider issues; employer health benefits; and pharmaceutical, biologic and device policy.
WCEY represents clients before the Congress and Executive Branch on issues including energy, climate change, the environment and natural resources. Our practice helps clients educate lawmakers and build support for legislation providing incentives for production of, or investment in, renewable energy.
Retirement savings and executive compensation
WCEY advises clients on issues arising under the Internal Revenue Code and ERISA before the Congress and Executive Branch. Our areas of interest include: defined benefit pension plans; qualified defined contribution plans; non-qualified defined contribution plans and issues related to executive compensation.
We also provide comprehensive advice to clients on international trade, financial services and the federal budget. We represent clients on these issues before the Congress and Executive Branch.