Sustainable procurement: balancing risk and value
Organisations increasingly understand the impact that their purchases have on the environment and society. Introducing a sustainable procurement approach addresses these impacts by considering the whole-of-life, social and economic costs of purchases made by the organisation, supported by a framework to embed sustainability thinking into all standard procurement practices.
- What does ECO-Buy offer?
EY’s ECO-Buy services are aligned to the development of your sustainable procurement journey:
Sustainable procurement stage Related EY ECO-Buy services 1 Evaluation: Understand current situation
- Evaluation and action plan
2 Enabling change: Preparing the foundations
- Procurement policy and procedure review
- Procurement prioritisation
- Staff training and guidance
3 Implementation: Embedding sustainable procurement principles
- Category specification guidance
- Tender assistance
4 Performance: Measuring effectiveness of sustainable procurement activities
- Benchmarking procurement performance
- Benchmarking sustainable spend
5 Advanced: Responsible sourcing and supply chain management
- EY’s leading supply chain services can support you at any stage and help conduct supplier assessment, screening, supply chain mapping and due diligence.
- What are the benefits?
Whether your organisation is beginning its sustainable procurement journey or has focused on refining this process over a number of years, EY’s ECO-Buy services provide a tailored and cost effective solution to meet your sustainable procurement objectives.
Engaging EY’s ECO-Buy services will assist your organisation to:
- Meet stakeholder expectations of responsible purchasing
- Establish a clear path toward implementing sustainable procurement based on ECO-Buy’s practical experience
- Address environmental and social criteria in key purchases
- Build in-house capability and sustainability expertise
EY’s ECO-Buy services are based on the international standard - British Standard BS8903:2010 Principles and framework for procuring sustainably.
Want to find out more?
To find out how you can gain access to EY’s ECO-Buy Services please contact our area leaders.