EY Virtual Sustainability Office
Balancing risk and resources
The corporate sustainability function has undergone a significant evolution over the past decade. Once a peripheral concern, the corporate sustainability function is now a core strategic function.
In adapting to this new reality, businesses can face many challenges, including for example:
- Lack of adequate knowledge to manage increasing stakeholder demands
- Necessity to stay focused on value creation
- Resource constraints or quality issues with existing resources
- Challenges with existing service providers
- Significant time spent by senior management on low-value activities
- Increased complexity in the compliance and regulatory environment
Specifically, it provides an integrated sustainability service approach which positions our multidisciplinary team of sustainability professionals to deliver whatever support you need.
- What exactly does the VSO offer?
EY’s VSO can help your business respond to a range of voluntary and mandatory sustainability responsibilities, including in the following areas:
ASX reporting requirements
United Nations Global Compact
Carbon Disclosure Project
International Council on Mining and Metals
National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting
Australian Packaging Covenant
Dow Jones Sustainability Index
Energy Supply Association of Australia
Creating shared value
ESG risk assessment
Human rights due diligence
- What are the benefits?
EY’s VSO offers you a wide range of cost saving and value-added benefits, including:
- Developing an integrated approach with deployment of multidisciplinary teams
- The use of flexible resource solutions which can be leveraged in busy cycles
- Leveraging on knowledge of your business in operational support to drive higher-value insights and services.
- Developing the ability to focus on value-add and commercial imperatives
- Establish a single service provider approach with deep knowledge
- Offer a gateway to other services within EY and a proactive approach to client service
- How is the VSO delivered?
We can provide flexible resource options, across the full range of our services, with the appropriate level of experience on a short-medium or long term basis.
Co-sourcing might have beneficial where you have a temporary resource or skill gap, requiring short-to-medium term support on the ground.
Or if there is a specific issue to be addressed (e.g. reporting deadline), we can also provide multidisciplinary resources to focus on getting you over the line in the most effective and seamless way without having to worry about resourcing challenges.
Outsource some or all of your sustainability responsibilities to EY may be preferable where you are seeking to improve your sustainability processes and reporting, increasing efficiencies. This option enables you to fully focus on your commercial imperatives.