Program benefits and details
Why get involved?
Entrepreneur Of The Year winners and finalists represent the world's most influential, innovative and exclusive network of entrepreneurs. Benefits of the program include:
- Unlock an exclusive business network
- Harness the knowledge of best-in-class business advisors
- Elevate your brand through media opportunities
- Recognize the achievements of your team, and involve them every step of the way!
- EY Growth Navigator session – get a customized growth strategy to take your business to the next level
- The nominee must be an owner or CEO or equivalent who’s primarily responsible for the recent performance of the company
- The company must be 2-5 years old for the Emerging category, and 3+ years for all other categories
- The nominee must be nominated region in which the company is headquartered
Celebrating and involving your team
Entrepreneurs know it takes a team of dedicated people make a business succeed. And Entrepreneur Of The Year offers opportunities for everyone to be involved:
- The awards gala: If you become a finalist, the gala brings the program to life for your team as they cheer you on at the exclusive black-tie event, where they can meet influential business leaders.
- The Company Award Program: If you’re a category award winner, we visit your office or work location to present a granite plaque to your employees. It’s our way of honouring them for their part in your achievements!
Tips to get your application noticed
A strong, well-written nomination is powerful and compelling to the judges. Consider these points when completing the nomination form:
- Tell your story: This is all about one of the most prestigious business awards in the country. Humility has its time and place — this isn’t it. Write your narrative in the third person. It’s easier to be creative and expand on what you’ve done when you write from this perspective.
- Understand the evaluation process: Focus on the criteria the judges look for.
- Make it engaging: Your story should be truthful, vivid and engaging. Make it stand out. Have a PR team? Put them to work.
- Be concise: Keep to the word count. Brevity is a virtue here.
- Demonstrate results: You can’t measure dreams, but you can quantify growth. Use specific numbers, percentages and statistics.
- Compare yourself to others: How do you stack up to the competition and differentiate yourself in the market? Convey those factors, remembering that judges may be unfamiliar with your industry.
- Persuade: Convince the judges that they’re reading about a real winner. Be authentic. Be enthusiastic.
- Polish and edit: Write it. Take a break. Then go back and read it with fresh eyes, changing what you need to make it shine.
- Be on time: Nomination submissions are due with a firm deadline of 15 April 2018.