Change in EY Switzerland’s top management team as of 1 July 2016 – Marcel Stalder to take over as CEO and Bruno Chiomento to become Chairman of the Board of Directors
As of 1 July 2016, Bruno Chiomento, CEO of EY Switzerland since 2008, will take over as Chairman of the Board of Directors. Marcel Stalder, up to now the Sector Leader Financial Services, will then become the new CEO.
Zurich, 3 March 2016 – During his time as CEO, Bruno Chiomento (53) has made a crucial contribution toward ensuring the successful integration of EY Switzerland into the EMEIA (Europe, Middle East, India and Africa) organization launched in 2008 and has also played a decisive role in strengthening the firm’s ties in the entrepreneur client segment and in driving forward Family Business.
Bruno Chiomento showed outstanding diplomatic skills when EY Switzerland needed to grow its international presence, while simultaneously strengthening its position in the home market. In his future role as Chairman of the Board of Directors and in the course of his client work, he will help EY achieve its ambitious growth targets with practical support and advice.
New CEO Marcel Stalder
Marcel Stalder (45) will retain his position as Sector Leader Financial Services. Over the last ten years, he has, with tremendous energy, helped this division achieve extremely dynamic and profitable growth. He has also succeeded in realigning the entire division toward providing comprehensive and strategic consultancy services that supplement, and indeed transform, the traditional business fields of audit, tax, transaction, legal and risk consultancy.
Bruno Chiomento: “Having served as CEO for eight years now, the time has come to hand over operational management to the next generation of partners. But that's not the only reason why Marcel Stalder is the ideal person to take over from me. His dynamism and leadership qualities are exceptional. The Financial Services Organization, which he will continue to serve both as leader and at a client level, has grown tremendously in importance for our overall business, not only in terms of sales, but also as regards the development of specialist consultancy capabilities. His expertise in developing these capabilities will play a pivotal role in helping us to expand our entire portfolio of services.”
Marcel Stalder: “It is an honor to take over the management of a firm with a strong brand from Bruno Chiomento during a period of momentous economic change. The goal will be to continue to strengthen the brand, not least in the digital space, and to focus consistently on our sectoral capabilities and clients, while securing our presence in the individual regions of Switzerland.”
Biographical information about Marcel Stalder:
- 1986 - 1993: UBS, incl. professional training (Swiss Association of Commercial Employees)
- 1993 - 1996: Studied business management at Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- 1996 - 2001: Joined EY Switzerland; trained as an auditor; conducted audits of Swiss and international companies across various industries
- 2001 - 2003: EY USA; Assistant to the Global Head of Auditing and Consultancy; played a key role during this period in helping to develop the global EU audit methodology
- 2003 - 2005: Returned to work with EY in Switzerland; promoted to Head of an Audit unit at the Basel Office
- 2005: Promoted to partner; Head of Insurance Services Sector
- 2010: Promoted to Head of Financial Services Consultancy
- 2012: Appointed to the Management Committee of EY Switzerland
- 2013: Assumed overall responsibility for Swiss Financial Services Organization, and built it up from 490 to 850 people
- 2014: Appointed to the Board of Directors of EY Switzerland
Lives in Lucerne; married; 3 children
Membership of professional bodies:
- DigitalZurich2025: Member of the Board of Directors
- Vice-President: IFZ (Institute for Financial Services) association Zug
- Member of the Swiss Expert Association for Audit, Tax and Fiduciary (EXPERTsuisse)
- Member of the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
About the global EY organization
The global EY organization is a leader in assurance, tax, transaction, legal and advisory services. We leverage our experience, knowledge and services to help build trust and confidence in the financial markets and in economies all over the world. We are ideally equipped for this task – with well trained employees, strong teams, excellent services and outstanding client relations. Our global mission is to drive progress and make a difference by building a better working world – for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
The global EY organization refers to all member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited (EYG). Each EYG member firm is a separate legal entity and has no liability for another such entity’s acts or omissions. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information, please visit www.ey.com.
EY’s organization is represented in Switzerland by Ernst & Young Ltd, Basel, with ten offices across Switzerland, and in Liechtenstein by Ernst & Young AG, Vaduz. In this publication, «EY» and «we» refer to Ernst & Young Ltd, Basel, a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.